spain 36 hole resort

thomasmark71

Visit site
just come back from malaga …was amazing
learned what we wanted for next trip

anyone recommend
golf resort with 2 courses….anywhere in spain really
but close enough to get to a town for night out as well ( 10 minute drive ?)

thanks in advance

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We’ve stayed in a villa on Los Naranjos a couple of times. It’s close enough to Puerto Banus and Marbella.

There are many many other choices. The Algarve is also worth a look.

BigPhil14

Visit site
I went to La Manga earlier in the year and had a great time. The hotel is slightly dated but I have heard the villa's are good, although didn't see them myself. 3 courses on site, all play slightly differently.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
just come back from malaga …was amazing
learned what we wanted for next trip

anyone recommend

thanks in advance

Cabo Roig on the Costa Blanca is a good night out, and there are some cracking courses within ten minutes - Las Ramblas, Las Colinas, Villamartin and Campomoar - the last one I've not played but would recommend the other three.

Then about 15 minutes south you've got Roda, and Lo Romero - both absolute quality.

thomasmark71

Visit site
we played lacala asia, torrequbrada, chapparal and cabopini….all great courses…looking for something similar, but on site this time, as we stayed in torremilinos and fancy a change

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Not quite what the OP is after, but this is a cracking deal at Las Colinas if anybody fancies a month long golf holiday.

Summer Golf
Retreat

28 nights stay in a 2-bedroom apartment.
-16 rounds of golf per person.
-Access to the driving range with Toptracer prior to the tee time.
-Manual trolley included.
-A Pitch mark repair tool.
-Las Colinas metal bag tag.
-A mid-week cleaning of the apartment.

1.712€ per person.

Two people minimum.
Offer valid from 1st of June to 31st of July 2022.
Subject to availability.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Was thinking 2 rounds on each course. Scoring out of 10, what would you give South & North?

From memory, I'd give the South 7.5 out of 10 and the North 6.5 out of 10. We only played the North once, and my minds a bit hazy on it, but remember it's over the road away from the resort and was a fairly long trek - you want buggies. Wasn't bad, but nothing stands out in memory. The South runs straight from the hotel and clubhouse, tricky opening hole around a lake, front 9 OK, but the back 9 goes out into the marshes along side the river, which has some nice views.

FYI, flights are to Faro, then about an hours drive, maybe a little more.

Larry long dog

Visit site
Cracking - thanks for the info. As I’m a fussy git (and it’s for a big birthday so want it to be memorable), I was hoping for at least an 8 for both. Will consider alternatives. Trouble is the weekend we are going is solheim cup weekend so I’ve been informed by golfbreaks that the Costa Del sol area will be busy/over priced. Whilst I like playing different courses, it’s good to play some courses twice as you know where to try and hit it a bit more!

Larry long dog

Visit site
La Finca, Las Ramblas and Villamartin are now in the frame. How do these courses rate? It’s either these or Amendoeira with 2 rounds on each of The Faldo and O'Connor

Last edited:

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
La Finca, Las Ramblas and Villamartin are now in the frame. How do these courses rate? It’s either these or Amendoeira with 2 rounds on each of The Faldo and O'Connor

I like all three la finca courses, hotel is quieter but good facilities, nice terrace bar, good spa and food. Slightly more removed for night out but easy enough to get a taxi to the close smaller town which has a number of bars. Never gone further to look for fuller nightlife.

sunshine

Visit site
anyone recommend

Maybe you could think about this a different way. Instead of looking to stay at a resort and then head into town in the evening, you could stay in a town / city and then drive to golf during the day.

We've done this many times in Spain, staying in cities like Barcelona, Valencia, Sevilla, Jerez, and then playing courses in the area.

But then I'm coming from a totally different viewpoint because I really like Spain, so staying at Puerto Banus, La Manga or Magaluf is my idea of hell.