36 hole courses within an hour of Watford?

batchworth

Visit site
Our group (about 8 off us), usually play Woburn every year in March, doing their breakfast / 18 hole / lunch / another 18 hole deal. They are no longer doing it next year, you can only play 18 holes, so we have decided to look elsewhere. We want somewhere within an hours drive from Watford, that has 36 holes and hopefully not to boggy in March (or early April). A quick look on the web has come up with the following places, but none of us have played them, so I wondering if anyone on here has, or can recommend somewhere else.

John O Gaunt golf club in Sandy
Sherfield Oaks near Basingstoke
Frilford Heath near Abingdon

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Frilford likely to be the best option that time of year (probably stretching the hour from Watford), JOG drains pretty well too. Brocket a better option later in the year

batchworth

Visit site
Have just emailed Brocket Hall to see what sort of price we might be looking at.
John O Gaunt, where showing a county card day pass for £50 which sounds good if true. I have never used our County Card, so don't know if there are restrictions ?

batchworth

Visit site
I emailed Brocket Hall asking about a 36 hole package, they just replied straight away with a standard email listing their 18 hole deal !!
£160.00 for 18 holes with food, so will probably give them a miss.
We are looking to spend about £150 each (36 holes including food)

D

Deleted member 23270

Not sure about prices but Moor Park is in that area. Have you considered somewhere like the Oxfordshire for overnight stay package and 2 rounds?

batchworth

Visit site
We could walk to Moor Park from our clubhouse ! We are just looking for a day deal in March - we do our overnight weekend one in September