Where in spain

Bobthesock

Visit site
Yep, I checked it out yesterday even though we haven’t got a trip booked atm.
115 euros a round plus 45 for a buggy (275 for 2 golfers). Can’t remember what I paid last time, but definitely less than that.

I paid full green fees in Devon and Cornwall last week, £70 each for two rounds.

Spain and Portugal are so expensive.
They were always expensive compared to here but now it's eye watering.
If the op is considering the Costa del sol I'd suggest looking into a golf in the sun membership. It's about 35 euros but can save a lot on green fees. All the fees are listed on their website.
I'm not trying to promote golf in the sun just saying, it's saved me a bit in the past, especially if having 4 or more rounds

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
They were always expensive compared to here but now it's eye watering.
If the op is considering the Costa del sol I'd suggest looking into a golf in the sun membership. It's about 35 euros but can save a lot on green fees. All the fees are listed on their website.
I'm not trying to promote golf in the sun just saying, it's saved me a bit in the past, especially if having 4 or more rounds

Never heard of it, I’ll look into it.

At that price I assume it’s not just for golfers who spend a lot of time in Spain, it’s for anyone just making a trip each year.

I‘d pretty much decided against joining LN, at 2500 a year plus 50 grand joining fee ?

Bobthesock

Visit site
Never heard of it, I’ll look into it.

At that price I assume it’s not just for golfers who spend a lot of time in Spain, it’s for anyone just making a trip each year.

I‘d pretty much decided against joining LN, at 2500 a year plus 50 grand joining fee ?
It's both mate, they do a year long competition but also save on green fees, some courses may only be a couple of euros but sometimes 20.
The 2500 a year isn't too bad considering its 12 months golf but 50k?!?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread. Got the go ahead to plan our trip next May. Possibly looking at the Benalmadena area but open to finding somewhere else. Previously stayed around Marbella and played Antalya plus another that I can't remember so would prefer a different area to play 3 different courses.

Looking on love holidays/on the beach we could book flights and accommodation at around £300 for a basic 4 night stay, would we be best doing it this way or booking flights and then the hotel/golf with a golf package company so that we can get the transfers to the courses or is it around the same to do flights and accommodation and then course bookings separately?

Friends have just come back from Portugal on a 4 night 3 rounds trip and paid £900+ which I'm trying to avoid. Was thinking around £750 if possible.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread. Got the go ahead to plan our trip next May. Possibly looking at the Benalmadena area but open to finding somewhere else. Previously stayed around Marbella and played Antalya plus another that I can't remember so would prefer a different area to play 3 different courses.

Looking on love holidays/on the beach we could book flights and accommodation at around £300 for a basic 4 night stay, would we be best doing it this way or booking flights and then the hotel/golf with a golf package company so that we can get the transfers to the courses or is it around the same to do flights and accommodation and then course bookings separately?

Friends have just come back from Portugal on a 4 night 3 rounds trip and paid £900+ which I'm trying to avoid. Was thinking around £750 if possible.

Email these guys and take it from there - https://www.sunshine-golf.co.uk/

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Haven't booked but sent an enquiry this morning and within a hour or so I'd received a very reasonable quote back with all the information I wanted and more. Very impressed.

I always found them very helpful, and any agent that is based in the area will always have more knowledge of course conditions etc. I know I once booked through them and requested a course - but they advised against it as it was just after that particular courses greens maintenance week.
Rented clubs from them multiple times as well when I've been in the area on holiday with the family, and fancied a round or two.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just following up as we are close to booking for next year. Staying in Fuengirola and looking at playing Calanova, Santana plus one of Cabopino, Santa Clara, Santa Maria or possibly Rio Real.

Rio Real after Mel's recommendation but it adds 50euro to the cost plus an extra buggy cost too.

Any advice on the above. We discounted Marbella GC as the lads have played it before.