**Southerness UPDATE PLEASE READ***

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've been emailed by the club secretary today advising me that the clubhouse will be shut and not open.

The course at this time will be fully open and accessible.

Can people please indicate their thoughts and initial inclination to travel and play. PM is fine if people don't want to reply to all.

Started a separate thread in case anyone misses it in the original thread.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
all down to acom for me, Wife was going to come as well and take Rupert for a walk, while we play... might have to rethink that though, still intend to come, but will be guided by group dec

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Long way to travel there, play and travel home again with nothing to eat bar what you can cram in your golf bag.

Undecided for the moment, will see what the majority think.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Long way to travel there, play and travel home again with nothing to eat bar what you can cram in your golf bag.

Undecided for the moment, will see what the majority think.

Ok, can you let me know by Friday please so I can see what Southerness intend to do re deposits etc.

Presently I'm happy to travel but I guess in the current climate it may be best to adhere to government advice re traveling etc.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok, can you let me know by Friday please so I can see what Southerness intend to do re deposits etc.

Presently I'm happy to travel but I guess in the current climate it may be best to adhere to government advice re traveling etc.

At the moment, I would still be leaning towards travelling and playing but as you said, we will see if the official advice changes and what the majority wants to do.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have spoken to Southerness today and they are wanting full payment prior to play (fair enough) so that would need to be paid probably by middle of next week.

The government advice is still not to travel unless absolutely necessary, which in my opinion despite loving golf and Southerness I don't think a round of golf is absolutely necessary. My concern is that its a wet day with absolutely no changing facilities or even anywhere to get a cuppa/soup/bite to eat it'll be a long and miserable drive home, especially if you are driving back to Inverness.

I have asked about our deposit and will allow it to be carried on till the end of 2021 or refunded.

If people can have a think and update before Tuesday next week what they want to do.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have spoken to Southerness today and they are wanting full payment prior to play (fair enough) so that would need to be paid probably by middle of next week.

The government advice is still not to travel unless absolutely necessary, which in my opinion despite loving golf and Southerness I don't think a round of golf is absolutely necessary. My concern is that its a wet day with absolutely no changing facilities or even anywhere to get a cuppa/soup/bite to eat it'll be a long and miserable drive home, especially if you are driving back to Inverness.

I have asked about our deposit and will allow it to be carried on till the end of 2021 or refunded.

If people can have a think and update before Tuesday next week what they want to do.

we were still looking at Acom for Irivine Sat night and Southerness Sunday night, not booked anything yet, prob have to book early part of next week...

also been asked to take unpaid leave for the next month... but no idea why!!! as we still have flights and passengers, though the KLM Amsterdam is cancelled until 29th March

happy to wait till later in the year

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Should say that if one person wants a refund I'll be getting a full refund for everyone, won't be asking them to refund £10 or £20!

Cheers

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would rather just go for a refund. As you say, a round of golf hardly comes under "essential travel" and as things are changing hourly never mind daily just now, I wouldn't want to pay any more cash just now.

Let's pull the plug and sort something when everything is back to normal.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I would rather just go for a refund. As you say, a round of golf hardly comes under "essential travel" and as things are changing hourly never mind daily just now, I wouldn't want to pay any more cash just now.

Let's pull the plug and sort something when everything is back to normal.

Refund or wait till the winter rate kicks back in?

www.hiltonpark.net
I'm happy till the winter rate kicks in, but I'm with ger147 I think non-essential travel isn't wise.
Btw thanks for making all these arrangements Jacko, it's turned into a monumental pain in the backside

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm happy till the winter rate kicks in, but I'm with ger147 I think non-essential travel isn't wise.
Btw thanks for making all these arrangements Jacko, it's turned into a monumental pain in the backside

Ger wants a refund so I'll just ask for everyone's money back as I'm not going to ask for a single tenner refund.

I'll get something arranged for Southerness again as it really is a great track and well worth the effort to go and play it. Some tremendous golf holes and the food was decent last time I played so all in all it's a good day out.

I'll update when I speak to the secretary tomorrow.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ger wants a refund so I'll just ask for everyone's money back as I'm not going to ask for a single tenner refund.

I'll get something arranged for Southerness again as it really is a great track and well worth the effort to go and play it. Some tremendous golf holes and the food was decent last time I played so all in all it's a good day out.

I'll update when I speak to the secretary tomorrow.

Any news re. the refund?