Solheim Cup 2021

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Surely the 10 seconds begin after they player gets to the hole without undue delay...
Korda didn't try to get to the hole without undue delay because she was writhing around on the ground bemoaning her luck.
Get up, get to the hole and then see...
If you want 10 seconds...get there sooner.

Rules dont say that though. You can wait the 10s, but must then get to the hole in reasonable amount of time but then no 10s.

Golf works when played by the rules, not what people might like them to be, incorrect applications of them, etc. Unless you are Tiger Woods, that has always been the way.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I thought that in matchplay it was the right of a player to overlook a transgression by an opponent, so what is the official doing sticking their oar in when team USA have said nothing?

D

Deleted member 3432

I thought that in matchplay it was the right of a player to overlook a transgression by an opponent, so what is the official doing sticking their oar in when team USA have said nothing?

Making a name for themselves!

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
If I was in this situation,

1. I would have left the ball until the other player picked it up

2. If my opponent claimed the hole as mentioned any enjoyment or sense of responsibility to play golf would have been lost and match would be conceded.

Or

1. Id have asked them not to touch it until i was sure it wasnt moving. (Even though by throwing my putter and dropping to my knees i think i knew it had stopped).

2. If i didnt stop them, then I'd have assumed there integrity was intact and left it at that.

If my captain came and asked me to claim tbe hole I'd have politely refused.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Commentary have just said that the rules officials have been told to intervene if they see a breach of the rules so it's possible that the official didn't have any choice under what she's been told to do.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So are they effectively saying you have to wait 10 seconds before conceding a putt..?
Even if the ball is a foot away?
After all, the wind might blow it in..

yandabrown

Visit site
So are they effectively saying you have to wait 10 seconds before conceding a putt..?
Even if the ball is a foot away?
After all, the wind might blow it in..
No, it's the overhanging the whole bit that is crucial here. Not sure how the referee could see that from off the green though.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
The only way that was getting to the hole was if it evolved legs and marched there.

This is not the golf i want to be promoted to juniors club players.

No idea where the fault lies, so not necessarily holding it against Korda etc...