Smaller clothing brands

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
With brands like Orka for clubs plus many more, Vice and Snell for balls. It seems there is really good value in smaller more direct brands than the usual big brands like Callaway, Ping etc

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any similar brands in the clothing sector for golf, I know of Mashie and Bunker Mentality but they seem to be at the higher end of the market and are still pricey.

I'm looking for a cheaper (not bargain basement type) brand with decent designs and styles and wouldn't mind supporting a smaller brand either

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
You don't need golf brands to play golf, if you want to dress on a budget you can.

It's not that I want to dress on a budget, I know I can go to Primark etc if I wanted to, it's just I baulk at the price of golf clothing now, £40-50 for a polo £75 for trousers is just absurd.

Plus I like playing in the technical materials rather than cotton or poly blend that get a bit horrible after a few washes.

I especially like the lighter trouser material you get with golf, they are cooler in the warm weather than say chinos. I really liked the Slazenger trousers that SD used to sell, but the build quality was lousy and the stitching would break after about 6 months but for £12 you couldn't really complain

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You don't need golf brands to play golf, if you want to dress on a budget you can.
Yeah, bang on. My mate restocked his golf wardrobe entirely from Primark - polos, trousers and tailored shorts, and I doubt any of the items cost him more than £20 individually.

Personally I don't wear golf-branded stuff either, but I have several Ralph Lauren polos that I would wear out on other occasions and can also be worn for golf. I doubt I would ever buy a Callaway or suchlike polo shirt that I could only wear for golf, it seems like unnecessary expense and not getting your money's worth.

I have bought a pair of golf specific trousers, but they were £10 Dunlops from Sports Direct.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A bit useless now but I stock up in the winter for the following year. All of the shops are looking to shift stock to make way for next seasons gear and you can get some great bargains then. Not really helping for now but plan ahead next January and you will be sorted.

Jon_T

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have seen 'Island Green' clothing being sold by golfbase I think. It looks pretty good and a guy I played with a few weeks ago had a pullover on by them and it looked good, perhaps slightly more stylish than your typical nike, fj, Callaway etc. It's much cheaper too. Anyone with any experience of the brand?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Look out for the sales.

Adidas normally have a good one which gives 20% off their already reduced items. Picked up some nice trousers for £25 each. They have free delivery over £50 and free returns.

AG outlet is brilliant if near. I got Adidas trousers for £10- not as nice as the ones i got direct but they were £10. Polos can be picked up for £10-15 easily.

Price of the new gear is crazy.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have seen 'Island Green' clothing being sold by golfbase I think. It looks pretty good and a guy I played with a few weeks ago had a pullover on by them and it looked good, perhaps slightly more stylish than your typical nike, fj, Callaway etc. It's much cheaper too. Anyone with any experience of the brand?

My mate and his da are flat out wearing this stuff. they love it. Looks pretty good and cheap as they come.

Had a wee gander through the range there. Some nice gear for a very reasonable price.

Our shop stocks a fair bit of it as well.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My mate and his da are flat out wearing this stuff. they love it. Looks pretty good and cheap as they come.

Had a wee gander through the range there. Some nice gear for a very reasonable price.

Our shop stocks a fair bit of it as well.

Clubhouse Golf have got some great deals on the whole Island Golf range. Their clobber looks decent .

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Has anyone ever bought any of the Island green tapered trousers? There only 14.99 on clubhouse so worth a try, just wondering what they are like for fit etc?