Signature sizes suggestion

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
As long as your pics in the sig are smaller than mono217's I dont care. It takes an age to load on my blackberry, and a pain in the arse when browsing normally.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like to read what people are playing with, just as I like the 'whats in the bag' feature.

If the Avatar function was working my pic below would be there.

I use a forum for cars and most people have signatures that have banners in them. A photoshop mix of pictures of their cars and username and symbols.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why do folks add their clubs to their signature? It is pointless. You may as well put your favourite food in the clubhouse or yer favourite pint. To be honest I would like to see some pictures so I can put faces to names.

Its generally not really a very good idea to display a real photo of yourself in a domain like a forum where its viewable in every post you make. There are real security issues.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You can turn sigs off, which is useful if you have a note book, or if you read posts at work, or if you are just plain not interested in them.

Not a big fan of large sigs, part of the problem with golfwrx and also the sandtrap forums too.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
For the newer members and those that have changed theirs recently, can I remind them that pictures and large amounts of text in their signature are taking up more space on teh screen than actual posts.
I have pm'd a couple of folks but the amount Ive noticed over the weekend is making it more worthwhile reminding all instead.

MarkS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For the newer members and those that have changed theirs recently, can I remind them that pictures and large amounts of text in their signature are taking up more space on teh screen than actual posts.
I have pm'd a couple of folks but the amount Ive noticed over the weekend is making it more worthwhile reminding all instead.

is there REALLY a need for signature pictures when they have avatars?

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has homer reduced the size of his pic yet? If he has, i'll switch sigs back on, if not i'll leave it off. Don't have anything against his pic, just that he posts on most threads and so i found myself looking at his pic all the time (no, not in that way!) so had to turn sigs off.

MarkS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have just turned off the signatures and viewing of the forum is so so so much better.
I can heartily recommend that people turn the signatures off if these long signature pictures are spoiling their browsing of the forum.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
slugger

not sure why you are picking on me but I have reduced the size but have no intention of removing it. I'm not the only one on here by a long way to have large pictures and I'd be grateful if you were at least even handed and not selective on who is in the wrong (allegedly)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Homer,
You are far far from being the only dude with a large siggy, this wasnt aimed at any individuals, as I said before, I did contact a few members but once I saw the extent i had to make it a broader appeal.
For example though, please bear with me on this as you are a good example, dont see me as picking you out solely though.
I have an HP Elitebook 8730w laptop, it has a 17" widescreen with a great screen resolution and this is how I see the forum when any of the guys with the images in their sig posts,
Untitled.jpg

I like noseying through folks sigs so don't want to disable them in my profile, it was pointed out before though that avatars are perfect for pics and sigs, for text.
I can't make anyone change, I can ask but it hasn't been made a rule regarding signature sizes on screen.
As I said though Homer, you are a decent guy who happened to post here so I could copy and paste it as an example, I know you wont take it the wrong way.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Homer,
You are far far from being the only dude with a large siggy, this wasnt aimed at any individuals, as I said before, I did contact a few members but once I saw the extent i had to make it a broader appeal.
For example though, please bear with me on this as you are a good example, dont see me as picking you out solely though.
I have an HP Elitebook 8730w laptop, it has a 17" widescreen with a great screen resolution and this is how I see the forum when any of the guys with the images in their sig posts,
Untitled.jpg

I like noseying through folks sigs so don't want to disable them in my profile, it was pointed out before though that avatars are perfect for pics and sigs, for text.
I can't make anyone change, I can ask but it hasn't been made a rule regarding signature sizes on screen.
As I said though Homer, you are a decent guy who happened to post here so I could copy and paste it as an example, I know you wont take it the wrong way.

Looks alright to me :D

Nothing wrong with the forum in my opinion.