Siemens customer service

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rant alert!

I have a Siemens washer dryer, it's just over two years old (so has just limped out of warranty). It comes up with an error code, E13 whenever it is turned on. It can be made to work by randomly turning it on and off, but this is extremely annoying. It cost upwards of £850 to buy.

I have called out a local guy, but he can't fix it, and says I need to get Siemens involved.

Great, it's £80 call out outside the m25, and £100 inside. I live a stones throw from the m25, but on the inside.

They can only book a 4 hour slot. This is ridiculous. We both work. I book 6 til 10, which means I will be very late for work, or have to take the morning off, but I have no holiday left. I got up at half five, and waited til 9.15, when the engineer calls, and says he will try to be there by 11.45. I cancel, as I'm already supposed to be in a meeting.

I can't re-book through the engineer, only customer services, who can only offer 4 hour windows. 6 til 10, 9 til 1, or 1 til 5. This is not going to work for me, but they are totally inflexible, despite messing me about this morning.

So, i have an £850 pile of scrap sat in my house. It doesn't work properly, I can't get it fixed, and they have no solution to offer, (a definite bookable time, an out of hours, a phone call when the engineer is half hour away, etc), zip.

I could order a new machine (not Siemens), but it'll probably have a 4 hour delivery slot, and I'd be writing off £850, plus the cost of the new machine.

There is no guarantee that the engineer can fix it either, so I could also be throwing away the £100 call out, and still have to buy a new machine.

Either way, I will never buy anything from them again. Their customer service is appalling. What is so hard about scheduling their engineers work so that he knows in advance where he will be? Why can't people who have been messed about with previously, and who already have the hump, not get preferential times, at the start of the window?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Scheduling wise the engineer could have 8 jobs a day and the first 2 take 10 mins and the next two take two hours how can you plan that?

I do agree it is pretty poor service though

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have you tried Domestic & General?

They sorted our cooker when it blew cost £130 for a years cover and no call out charges or labour etc.

I know the parts cost more than that for me to buy to repair my cooker so it worked out great value.

A

Alex1975

I shall be trying this out tonight when I get home. It couldn't be that easy, could it?

I am praying this is the answer, while I feel your frustration and do not wish to make fun, if this works it will be AWESOME for you and us!

I am however shocked at the capital cost of the equipment, I had no idea you could spend that much on a washing machine... I would want a happy ending after ever wash!!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
After fitting a new u bend on the sink and re attaching the washing machine I got an error message and the machine wouldn't drain. Checked all the details on line and thought the pump had gone! Could get one cheap enough from evilbay etc but would need to fit it etc. suddenly had a eureka moment, unattached the washing machine to realise I'd left the bung in the washing machine pipe attachment thingy of the u bend! Donut! Took it out put hose back on bingo! Had me in a right cold sweat at the thought of buying a new one!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This gets better.

Machine now dead, so try customer services again. I book for Friday, 12 til 4, with the proviso that I need to be called 1/2 hour minimum before arrival, or I won't be there.

So I leave work at half one, and get a call 10 minutes later saying the engineer will be there in ten minutes. I drive a car, not a time machine.

I get home at two, and let the guy in. He explains that E13 could be one of three things, door lock, heating element, or mother board. Two of these are out of stock. Why turn up?

He has the door lock, so fits that. It's fairly common, apparently. Why?

He tries to run a wash programme, which works. Wow. Like its never done that before. He charges £136 and leaves. He has been there ten minutes.

I go to put a load of washing on. Nope, E13, not going to work. Engineer has gone, but even if he was still there, he didn't have the required parts to fix it, or any way of diagnosing what the fault is without just randomly replacing parts, at my expense.

Back on the phone Monday then.

I also get a text asking for feed back on the efficiency of their service.

Ha!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
How about appealing to them via Twitter?

I made a complaint to a company on Twitter and because it is in the public domain, they literally bent over backwards to help, and to be seen to be offering good customer service was good PR for them.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How about appealing to them via Twitter?

I made a complaint to a company on Twitter and because it is in the public domain, they literally bent over backwards to help, and to be seen to be offering good customer service was good PR for them.

Given the choice between joining twitter, or shelling out £900 for a new washing machine, I'm reaching for the cheque book!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have been having real issues with Debenhams and some lights. Tried customer services for two weeks without any joy so put a factual but polite post on their Facebook page yesterday. Had someone contact me within ten minutes. Granted they then mucked me around all day until I put on there I was getting BBC Watchdog and Trading Standards involved. The wife had a call at 6.30 as promised and a full refund due to hit her credit card by Tuesday plus £20 in compensation for the cost of the calls. Found the same lights £100 cheaper on Amazon