Siemens customer service

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't help with your present problem Murph, but if you go down the new washing machine route, don't get a washer dryer. According to my Brother-in-law, (WM engineer), they're not worth the extra money and are usually the first thing to go wrong. Get a separate dryer, clothes airer or peg it outside.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Can't help with your present problem Murph, but if you go down the new washing machine route, don't get a washer dryer. According to my Brother-in-law, (WM engineer), they're not worth the extra money and are usually the first thing to go wrong. Get a separate dryer, clothes airer or peg it outside.

Shortly after buying this, we bought a heated clothes rack, which we use all the time (except in summer!), and have used the dryer twice. Don't really need it, but writing off a £900 machine irks me a tad. Good advice for any one thinking of buying a washer dryer though!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have the heated airer works a treat thoroughly recommend one. As for washer dryers we've had a zanussi one for nearly 8 years with no problems. That's given it the kiss of death!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Murph I've done a bit of work on machines that I have owned (2 consecutive Bosch washing machines). In my experience only the usual things have gone wrong and I have changed these all myself. What I would call normal wear and tear items, door seals, motor brushes and drain pumps. Although in your case brushes would not failed in only 2 years.

After googling there's some suggestion that drainage could be related to the problem. Fortunately it is a cheap trial and error exercise to change the water pump - only a tenner part and easy enough to install. Check below.

http://www.espares.co.uk/search/mo1434470/washing-machines/siemens/wk14d320gb/01

At the same time it would be worth checking the drainage pipe out and make sure that where the drainage pipe enters the house plumbing that its clear and not furred up. This will clog over time and maybe your machine is sensing that residual water cannot drain fast enough. I did find at least one thread online that supports this theory with E13 and someone here mentioned it as well.

I think most machines start by doing a drain cycle , I know my bosch does. Does the error show up straight away?

I don't know how much you are prepared to do yourself but maybe worth pulling the machine out and temporarily place the drain pipe into the sink to see if you can see water running away nicely. Of course you would need to get the machine to do a rinse and/or drain cycle if you can.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Have to agree with this! Combo machines compromise both functions, so should be avoided wherever possible. That advice was from an engineer who, while admitting he disliked working on them, made a higher percentage of his income from repairing combo machines!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well I've pulled the drain plug out of it, and it's not full of water. I've tried running it on different programmes etc, about 20 times through the morning, with no luck, and then it has suddenly burst into life, so at least we'll have some clean clothes! It's odd how it runs sometimes, and but not often. Intermittent faults, aren't they the best!

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to agree with this! Combo machines compromise both functions, so should be avoided wherever possible. That advice was from an engineer who, while admitting he disliked working on them, made a higher percentage of his income from repairing combo machines!

I agree. When I first moved out of my parents home with my now wife, we bought a Beko Fridge Freezer, Beko Washing Machine and Indesit Dryer. We bought the washing machine because it matched the fridge in colour (silver) and because it was cheap. The sales assistant told us she'd had multiple units returned recently within days/weeks of purchase because they were faulty, we didn't listen, what 19 year old would? ITS SILVER who cares if it breaks.

Anyway, 5 years on, multiple loads and overloads of washing and the machine is going strong. No servicing, no warranty, just clean clothes. I think it was about £180.

Our dryer packed up about 6 months ago and we replaced it with a beko dryer WHICH IS EPIC, its about 30 mins to dry a normal load of clothes. The fridge is also still going strong.

MY POINT IS...don't bother spending £900 on a washing machine thats all digital and shiny. Keep it simple, I don't need 1500 settings, just 1...WASH.

Hope you get the problem sorted though, alternatively, go and buy a beko for the price of your repair.