Should we get rid of the need for handiccp certificates for visitors to play?

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sounds sociable :( build your own course then you won't have to share it with anyone :up:
are you a member of a private members club ?, if so why did you join your particular club was it to be able to play when ever you fancied a game and not have to pre-book a tee time,if my membership was say £300 a year and no joining fee i would expect there to be dozens of societies playing to keep the fees low,but my club isn't like that and i honestly resent people thinking just because they fancy a knock at my club they feel they have a right to play,as regards your comment about being sociable,i am very sociable and what is wrong with having the course to yourself on a sunday afternoon,as i said this is why i joined my club,my choice,my money.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
are you a member of a private members club ?, if so why did you join your particular club was it to be able to play when ever you fancied a game and not have to pre-book a tee time,if my membership was say £300 a year and no joining fee i would expect there to be dozens of societies playing to keep the fees low,but my club isn't like that and i honestly resent people thinking just because they fancy a knock at my club they feel they have a right to play,as regards your comment about being sociable,i am very sociable and what is wrong with having the course to yourself on a sunday afternoon,as i said this is why i joined my club,my choice,my money.

HERE HERE :cheers:

Why the hell should we as members of a private club have to make way so that people can have a one off game there. If someone decides to be a nomadic golfer then that is their choice, mine is to be a member of a club and support it. I love the fact that the course is not very busy on a Sunday afternoon and if people are on it it tends to be the same as me and that is having a game with the misses and another couple. What I do not want is a group of lads still hungover from last night messing around having a laugh like you find at the local pay and play.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
HERE HERE :cheers:

What I do not want is a group of lads still hungover from last night messing around having a laugh .

Oh my god, there isn't people actually enjoying a leisure pass time! Having a laugh!!!! How dare they have a laugh and not treat it deadly seriously. Quick, call the marshalls and get them ejected post haste and send them down the pay and play with the rest of the drunken bums .

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, and I am sure the clubs accountant does to......

Bugger all to do with the accountant. I play at a private members club so there is no one trying to make a profit from it, all that matters is the books balance at the end of the year. That is why my place charges £35 a round, not desperate for pay and play custom, but if you fancy a game you are welcome. But at that price it tends to keep the idiots away.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bugger all to do with the accountant. I play at a private members club so there is no one trying to make a profit from it, all that matters is the books balance at the end of the year. That is why my place charges £35 a round, not desperate for pay and play custom, but if you fancy a game you are welcome. But at that price it tends to keep the idiots away.

Adey
Ask your pro how many green fee's he took last year.
And when you've found out, then go and ask the secretary if your club would have survived without them
;)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh my god, there isn't people actually enjoying a leisure pass time! Having a laugh!!!! How dare they have a laugh and not treat it deadly seriously. Quick, call the marshalls and get them ejected post haste and send them down the pay and play with the rest of the drunken bums .

Where do you normally play at? Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, me and my mates always have a good laugh. I choose not to play at pay and play courses because of the idiots that you get playing there. Before you jump on that I do not mean everyone that plays them are idiots. But when you are trying to play a shot and someone is walking across your fairway or messing around with there mates behind it does get annoying. That is something that you do not have the problems with at private members clubs.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Adey
Ask your pro how many green fee's he took last year.
And when you've found out, then go and ask the secretary if your club would have survived without them
;)

That would be very easy mate, the Pro is the secretary......:p

Not got a problem with people coming to play. Just saying that I prefer the idiots you get down the road at Peterborough and Boston on the pay and play courses to stay there. Couple of nice pay and play courses near me, it is just a shame about some of the people that you meet on the course there.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

yes I am thanks. Not saying that I/you/anybody shouldn't pay for exclusivity, just generally pointing out that not having a handicap doesn't equate to being a non golfer. I would welcome visitors/societies at my place (at the appropriate time) I would expect them to have a certain knowledge/proficiency of the game, but this isn't the same as having the capacity to produce a scrap of paper with a number on it.

I used to play my current club as a vistor, I joined because its a cracking course, If I had been made to feel somehow second class in this period I wouldn't have joined.

It's a bit 'daily mail' to think of nomadic vistors as choppers !!