Shoes

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As to what's acceptable, that's down to the rules of the club. Surely it's more important what thesole is like and it's impact on the course. For example the adizero's looked less like a football boot but were far worse for the course.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I can't see many clubs bothering to study the footwear of people playing. The line between trainers and sturdy, old fashioned, golf shoes is so blurred that you're just asking for trouble. I've played many away courses this past year and never knowingly had my footwear studied

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
To summarise ... if a shoes is manufactured as a golf then it makes no difference at all whether it looks like a shoe, like a trainer, like a high top boot, or even if it looks like a football boot. It's a golf shoe , and is accepted as such.

If a shoe is manufactured as a football boot then it's entirely possible that it will not be accepted on a golf course. Whether the sole of the shoes looks like it's similar to golf shoes or not.

The facts are that opinions on what looks like a golf shoe have changed drastically in the last 5 years, but a golf shoe is something that is designed for golf. If the club has rules that say only golf shoes are allowed then bad luck when you try and any with something other.

The rights and wrongs of this are what will causes arguments, but the facts are simple.

D

Deleted member 15344

To summarise ... if a shoes is manufactured as a golf then it makes no difference at all whether it looks like a shoe, like a trainer, like a high top boot, or even if it looks like a football boot. It's a golf shoe , and is accepted as such.

If a shoe is manufactured as a football boot then it's entirely possible that it will not be accepted on a golf course. Whether the sole of the shoes looks like it's similar to golf shoes or not.

The facts are that opinions on what looks like a golf shoe have changed drastically in the last 5 years, but a golf shoe is something that is designed for golf. If the club has rules that say only golf shoes are allowed then bad luck when you try and any with something other.

The rights and wrongs of this are what will causes arguments, but the facts are simple.

Think that sums it up perfectly well

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I can see that this topic is generating a fair bit of heat. Whilst I agree that they aren't golf shoes, I have also in the past worn cricket shoes with the spike changed to golf ones, and they were perfectly acceptable to the club i was at at the time. What I will do is take them in to the pro shop at a local club this Sunday and ask them. I know that each club is different, and if the club insists that their rule is for proper "Golf" shoes, then that is fair enough. It just seems a shame to get rid of them and have to buy a new pair of almost identical shoes, when the pair I do have have a lot of life left in them.

G

guest100718

In times gone by you'd have been chased off the course by angry old men. I bought a pair of trainer style shoes when they first came out and they got inspected several times! These days you'll be fine. (mostly)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The members do and the pro and the society organiser do and if someone is wearing the inappropriate footwear they are asked to change.

:rofl:

Don't think I've ever once noticed anyone else's footwear or been asked to ascertain that my shoes were indeed designed and intended for the purpose!