Shaft query

Daz2282

Visit site
Hi all this is my 1st post as I am new to this forum
i got fitted by titleist last year for a set of ap2 714'S with Nippon 950gh shafts but because I knew the 716 was due for release later in the year I decided to wait, yesterday I got fitted for a set of 716 at American golf but they never had a Nippon 950 shaft, the shaft that got me best results was the new true temper xp [90] s300 not 95! Does any1 on here know if there is much difference between the xp90 s300 and Nippon 950stiff any help would be much appreciated as I'm about to place my order thanks a lot Darren

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi I play off 5

In that case I would suggest you try them both side by side,hitting balls outdoors (off grass if possible) not in different simulators.

Got to be honest, as good as simulators and theoretical statistics are, I've personally found my best clubs over the years have been the ones that I've been able to try outdoors.

Daz2282

Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I will struggle to hit them side by side as my pro and American golf don't have the 2 shafts, I would go back to titleist but it's a 2 hour drive, when I got fitted for the 714's he fitted me with 2 hybrids to replace my 4 and 5 iron as I have a really low flight, I was fitted with Diamana m+Red 60 stiff, my hybrids have been a game changer with great flight and confidence, the fact he fitted me for Nippon on the irons is making me think I should just go with it but as I said the xp90 felt good and performed well

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah flightscope and titleist was track man[/QUOTE
No neither of them are simulators, they are different types of launch monitors.

Did you, at both, either or neither, hit balls outside or just into a net indoors?

Daz2282

Visit site
Both fittings were on the range both hitting of mats to an open range no nets or screens. At titleist I hit pro v's and ag was range balls

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hard to say, including whether you were swinging exactly the same on both occasions, but in general, the NS Pro 950 is a fairly high launching shaft, smooth and nice feel, and suitable for a mid tempo player. The XP probably played a shade stiffer, and flights a bit lower.

If it was me, I would probably go for the NS Pro, but I would be interested to compare the 950 with the 1050, which should flight a bit lower. NS Pro are very good shafts, made to a higher standard and tighter tolerance than TT DG.

Daz2282

Visit site
Thanks for the reply Ethan, yeah I totally understand what your saying about a different swing per day it was just a bit annoying that ag never had a Nippon and that's why it's playing in my mind a little but as I said the xp90 did perform well and as I have a low ball flight it's a must for me to get as much elevation as possible I'm trying to post a picture from my day at track man but can't get it to load

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
The main difference between the 714 and 716 AP2s is added forgiveness thanks to the Tungsten weighting. They will launch very similarly and will weigh near enough the same, so the Nippon shaft you were fitted for should still be a great fit, as it'll just lift your launch that little bit more than the Dynamic Gold AMTs, which are the standard option in the 716 irons.