Shaft info

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
More a question of curiosity really but I wonder if anyone on here could help to shed some light for me.
I have a Cleveland Classic XL fairway woods. The 3 wood has a matrix ozik xcon 6 regular shaft whilst the 5 wood has a miyazaki B.Asha 4R.
I've tried to find info on what are the major differences between these but I can't really get my head around the various descriptions so wondered if anyone here would be able to help.
IMG_20200726_201420833.jpgIMG_20200726_201440851.jpg
Thanks in advance. (y)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I've used both Matrix & Miyazaki shafts in my driver. The X Con is a medium weight, mid launch Shaft. Very stable & easy to control the flight. The Miyazaki I had was very light & supposed to be stiff. I couldn't keep the ball out of the stratosphere with it. I got a horrible, spinney climbing flight with it. I never forgave the fitter who persuaded me to try it. It wasn't in the bag for too long!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've used both Matrix & Miyazaki shafts in my driver. The X Con is a medium weight, mid launch Shaft. Very stable & easy to control the flight. The Miyazaki I had was very light & supposed to be stiff. I couldn't keep the ball out of the stratosphere with it. I got a horrible, spinney climbing flight with it. I never forgave the fitter who persuaded me to try it. It wasn't in the bag for too long!
Funny how different shafts work for different people. I have the Miyazaki in my 5 wood and the ball flies like a rocket. So much I'm now wondering if my 3 wood is redundant but I'd have to get onto a monitor to check them together.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
B.Asha is a superlight (45gm) shaft that has a soft tip section - probably why your 5W seems to go like a rocket and MiB (and I) couldn't keep the earlier version (C.Kua) out of the Stratosphere. Lots of Seniors used C.Kua in the past as Superlight and (pretty much) standard on Clevelands that a huge presence for Seniors at the time. They did, however need serious 'tipping' to lower the flight!

XCon is Matrix's workhouse...Mid everything. I love most Matrix shafts, but XCons don't seem to have any 'typically Matrix' hinge feel, so I find it a bit dull. Does feel very 'stable' though. FWIW, Red Ties in my Adams Woods & Hybrids are also somewhat similar - efficient, but uninspiring (or maybe it's my aging swing!).