Sergio was at it again.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tossed his club towards his caddy would probably be more accurate imo.

Typical though of people complaining when sportsmen appear like robots with no emotion, then when they get a bit upset we jump all over them

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Tossed his club towards his caddy would probably be more accurate imo.

Typical though of people complaining when sportsmen appear like robots with no emotion, then when they get a bit upset we jump all over them

Not at all, Stenson snapped a club over his knee and although it got a lot of coverage nobody really condemned him for it. Whereas Patrick Reed got hammered for it because he's one of the 'bad guys' on tour.

Sergio just seems to have non stop tantrums, I honestly don't see what good he brings to the game these days just seems to be fits of rage and anger every single tournament he enters and not much else and he's just building up a stronger and stronger image of being an angry baby which results in people having stronger opinions on his character unfortunately.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do like Sergio but that is arrogant and petulant behaviour at best. His constant regripping and fidgeting before finally taking the club back has got worse again too.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
solve these problems by banning the offenders from having a Caddy;) lets see them have to carry the bag then go an pick up broken clubs... or the odd shoe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Going from another topic would this be classed as harassment in the workplace..
If my boss started throwing things at me I would not be happy.
I know they are well paid but “dignity at work “ was drummed into us.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Not great and certainly not setting a good example. But similar to the recent incidents with Spieth and Wallace - we don't know if the Caddy is there as a psychological outlet and there is at least some kind of understanding between them that he's going to use the Caddy from time to time to try and release some of the frustration.

I'd imagine these guys are well paid and well looked after. And aside from living out of a suitcase for 35 weeks of the year, they probably earn a pretty good living. Not to mention cashing the odd £100k cheque when their man wins a big event.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Sergio is just an old child, terrible attitude at times and little care for other people. If I was the caddy I'd have thrown the club back at him, dropped the bag and told him where to go, doubt it be long before he picked up another job

D

Deleted member 21258

Going from another topic would this be classed as harassment in the workplace..
If my boss started throwing things at me I would not be happy.
I know they are well paid but “dignity at work “ was drummed into us.

Not my area at all, but in the main if you are self employed you are not protected in the same way as employed, for harassment IIRC. As I say not my area of employment, so could be wrong. Also were would they take action, in what country, so maybe not even UK law :LOL:

Sometimes would love to be a fly on wall, to hear if any discussion takes place between player/caddy afterwards about these kind of times or whether prior it is kind of agreed by both parties?

Wolf

Visit site
Said after the incident at start of year he needs sanctions against him and his behavior is just continuing. Tour's need need to do something about his behaviour as he is becoming more petulant