Seniors 4xball KO

Visit site
Hope someone can clarify this problem. Here goes, myself and partner, both male have drawn two ladies in the Seniors KO. All Senior golf is played from yellow tees at our club. It has been decreed that we will play from the yellow tees and the ladies from the red ones. All three of us taking shots from my partner, being the lowest handicap. The stroke indexes of all holes are different for yellow and red tees. In as much as we have only one par five hole, but the ladies red tees have four par five holes. The ladies to take their shots from the red indexes. We do however have slope charts for all three tees (white,yellow & red) for men and ladies. If we played the match from the yellow tees the ladies would obviously get more shots allowed to compensate for the longer course. The stroke indexes would then be the same for everyone. Which according to WHS should we be playing?

CountLippe

Visit site
Ladies use red indexes, men use yellow indexes shot holes will differ. You could of course play it entirely off the red or yellow courses if both sides agree and shot holes would be the same but I'd imagine the number of shots given would be greater..

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Page 47 of The Guidance on the Rules of Handicapping
shows you how to do the calculations.

In 4BBB format players score using the card and SI appropriate for the tee they are playing from.

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, however our comps committee have ruled yellow tees for men, red for the ladies. As it is matchplay with different stroke indexes it's going to be a nightmare, hence the questions asked.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
As far as WHS is concerned the committee can set the terms of competition as they see fit, they could even allow all players to choose the tee's they play from. Personally I don't understand why you see this as such a big problem, players simply get the shots appropriate for their tee set.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I don't see why it's a nightmare. Before you go out, mark up a scorecard where shots are to be taken.

The fact that they are on a different set of tees and stroke indexes doesn't happen every day, but it's not really that difficult..... unless I'm missing something.?😉

Last edited: