Scottish golf app- projected WHS

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We had an email from the club this morning telling all the members to ignore the email from Scottish golf on projected WHS...

they had used the wrong course and the wrong Slop/index or what ever so it was totally wrong.... a great start:LOL:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any explanation as to why some can see an index and others can't? Just a phased roll out?

It may depend on your ISV, your club's attitude to GDPR and whether or they have have set it so you have to give permission for personal data to be uploaded to England etc golf.

If the latter have you been checking emails from your club.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can see mine. Drumroll...

Handicap Index 7.0

Nice to have a vanity single digit handicap at last, I guess, but it's not quite the way I wanted to achieve it.

P.S. I was playing off 10.5 in old money and have failed to break 90 on my last few outings. :(

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some at my club can see it, others can't. Seems common across the country.

Epic fail, I'm afraid.

Who are your ISV and how has the manager set up for GDPR data transmission.

We use Intelligent Golf and it has been set up so the individual member has to give permission.. Without it being done players will not have access to the portal.
Those that have decided not to give permission will have to wait until the ISV changes the Data on 2nd November and can only view by the ISV (club system).

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who are your ISV and how has the manager set up for GDPR data transmission.

We use Intelligent Golf and it has been set up so the individual member has to give permission.. Without it being done players will not have access to the portal.
Those that have decided not to give permission will have to wait until the ISV changes the Data on 2nd November and can only view by the ISV (club system).

We use Club V1, I was asked to give permission, I gave permission, I can't see my index.

I have one friend at the same club, hasn't a clue about WHS, didn't see an email or give permission, he can see his index in the app.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Exactly the same for us. Club V1, consent given for SG and can't view. Seems to be 50 / 50 from the members at the club as to who can view and who can't.

Interestingly the SG app now doesn't even show the congu handicap. Going about as well as I expected it go tbh.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Exactly the same for us. Club V1, consent given for SG and can't view. Seems to be 50 / 50 from the members at the club as to who can view and who can't.

Interestingly the SG app now doesn't even show the congu handicap. Going about as well as I expected it go tbh.

Same for me, no longer shows CONGU, asks me to resubmit CDH number then still nothing!!

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
We had an email from the club this morning telling all the members to ignore the email from Scottish golf on projected WHS...

they had used the wrong course and the wrong Slop/index or what ever so it was totally wrong.... a great start:LOL:

Just had a look on the app and all my scores are against the course along the road where the sss is at least 1 shot lower :oops:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Various social media feeds full of people either moaning about not being able to see it (me :cool: ) or querying lots of clear errors in the data.

This is the sort of thing that keeps you awake at night when doing a data migration project.

And is why when you do a large data migration project, you don't let your customers have a good old play with the new system while you're in the middle of said migration...??

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's worse than that. They must have been doing trial migrations for months and thought it was good to go. That the data is this bad just shy of a week to go live makes you wonder whether it can be sorted in time.

I now have access to mines and the data is basically junk. We have 2 courses at my home club but it has all my home qualifiers on the 1 course despite the results being split over the 2 different courses. So not going to bother with what the number is as the calc will clearly have to be updated whenever the data is corrected.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I now have access to mines and the data is basically junk. We have 2 courses at my home club but it has all my home qualifiers on the 1 course despite the results being split over the 2 different courses. So not going to bother with what the number is as the calc will clearly have to be updated whenever the data is corrected.

Did it display / update in the app or did you get access an altnernative way?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I couldn't see mine, but slow dave just text me, his is 8.9... lol he's off 3 and wehn we worked out his WHS, we thought he will be of 2.1.

shambles is one word to describe it:LOL:

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mine has just appeared too. 8.3 down from 9.5 on Congu. Looks roughly right and the data makes sense. Not sure they have used CSS though just the Course Rating. I’ll check it later once I’ve eaten. Maybe it will have changed again. ?