Scottish Fitba'

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
In the same way golfers can use 'care for the course' to 'evade' a penalty I understand the Old Firm can use care for the pitch in the same way

All good 👍😊😇

😅

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have found it funny that Rangers have requested audio from the VAR check on the Johnston handball to see why they were not given the penalty.

Regardless if it wasn't made clear it was offside the fact it was offside should have shut down any moans of the fact they should have got it.

If the player wasn't offside then it should have been a penalty.
It's called deflection. Focus on refereeing decisions and avoid talking about how poor Rangers were. All Clement wanted to talk about on Sky was the handball, when everyone knew it was offside anyway.

It would be hilarious if Celtic responded by asking for the audio when Turnbull was pushed by Tavenier :D

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rare occurrence today in the Rangers game. First penalty conceded in 74 games. VAR really does have it out for them
Well, just watching the highlights. Was it a penalty? For me, no. His arm was pretty much against his body when the ball struck it. If it missed his arm or hand it would probably have hit his body.
But, no impact on the result, so move on. 🤣

4LEX

Visit site
Was it offside? If so does it matter how the game restarted? It's often said if both sets of fans are upset with the referee then he's had a good game.
Rangers have gone into the last two derby games as favourites and come away with zero points. To blame the officials for that seems like sour grapes.
Surely no one could accuse Scottish referees of bias that would be a sure sign of paranoia.

I agree the right decision was reached overall, just pointed out it was by a series of mistakes. Missed the handball and no offside. My point was the offside wasn't even a consideration until way after the handball had been missed twice.

Rangers weren't favourites for the game Saturday, Celtic were 2.05 on and Rangers 3.50. Rangers were poor but still had the higher xG. With a few decent signings I fully expect them to win the title as theres a simmering dislike of Rodgers by the deluded Celtic fans who can't accept Leicester are a bigger club and that was why he walked out midseason a few years ago.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I agree the right decision was reached overall, just pointed out it was by a series of mistakes. Missed the handball and no offside. My point was the offside wasn't even a consideration until way after the handball had been missed twice.

Rangers weren't favourites for the game Saturday, Celtic were 2.05 on and Rangers 3.50. Rangers were poor but still had the higher xG. With a few decent signings I fully expect them to win the title as theres a simmering dislike of Rodgers by the deluded Celtic fans who can't accept Leicester are a bigger club and that was why he walked out midseason a few years ago.
So Rangers will win the league because some Celtic fans don't like the manager? That's an interesting rationale!

chico

Club Champion
Visit site

I admit they weren't the bookies favourites however the Rangers fans seemed supremely confident of winning both games.
Some Celtic fans do dislike Rodgers probably more on the manner of him leaving rather than the fact that Leicester are a richer club than Celtic.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Just seen the video of the thugs attacking a Raith Rovers fan, absolutely disgusting. I hope every single one is caught and punished and never allowed inside a football ground again.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rare occurrence today in the Rangers game. First penalty conceded in 74 games. VAR really does have it out for them
I do not like seeing penalties given when the defender is falling and his arm are in a naturally protective position.
Of all the penalties Rangers have avoided its weird that this is the one the 'refs' award.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I do not like seeing penalties given when the defender is falling and his arm are in a naturally protective position.
Of all the penalties Rangers have avoided its weird that this is the one the 'refs' award.
If it wasn't for the record that would never have been given, rangers have got away with more obvious handballs pulls ect by the exact same refs and haven't been given