Scottish Fitba'

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
As soon as there is contact he's in trouble.
Put it this way i went to a better school than you ;)
Well the problem of course is there wasn't any contact, but contact isn't a foul, there needs to be an actual foul for it to be a foul.

And no, you clearly didn't go to a better school than me if you don't know the most basic "goal side" to defending (not that Bates was actually goal side here, but that wasn't your point)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
1. The Rangers player was offside when the ball was played in
2. There is no contact - or even attempted contact - at all from the Aberdeen defender

I've seen some bad decisions in my time, that's up there with the worst.

The sooner VAR is introduced in Scotland, the better.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
0_Screen-Shot-2021-10-28-at-080140.png

Is that a foul?
I see you didn't watch the game? Jolly good.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
A shame but if you've got to go...

There’s no shame here, the man is an arrogant arse who told us his record spoke for itself and he didn’t need a CV.

His record consisted of getting Alloa relegated the season before and the DAFC board made a mistake in appointing him that, after yet another abject defeat against the mighty Arbroath left us winless and bottom after 12 games, they had to take action as I know a lot who had decided enough was enough.

I will now be at the game against Morton on Saturday where as I wouldn’t have with that clown at the helm. My only hope is that the board learn from this debacle and actually invite candidates and appraise them on experience and ability and not a load of horseshite.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
GiF; Do you think Paul Hartley would be a good fit at East End?
Haven't actually looked up ALL his record but know/think he done a good job at ALLOA?
Seems to have the experience of playing for big teams and yet also managing/coaching in the leagues under ESSPEELLL
Just a thought :whistle:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
GiF; Do you think Paul Hartley would be a good fit at East End?
Haven't actually looked up ALL his record but know/think he done a good job at ALLOA?
Seems to have the experience of playing for big teams and yet also managing/coaching in the leagues under ESSPEELLL
Just a thought :whistle:

I think Hartley wouldn’t be a bad choice although he seems to suffer 2nd season syndrome in many cases.

Also he was manager of the Alloa mob that relegated us in 2013…

Whoever is appointed (and FFS don’t let it be Kenny Miller) needs to go through a proper vetting process this time.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think Hartley wouldn’t be a bad choice although he seems to suffer 2nd season syndrome in many cases.

Also he was manager of the Alloa mob that relegated us in 2013…

Whoever is appointed (and FFS don’t let it be Kenny Miller) needs to go through a proper vetting process this time.

OOPS, sorry Greig, didn't realise that there was so much animosity there...........As I said , didn't know his full history but thought he had a track record that would have been pretty relevant to the 'Mighty Pars' position:whistle:
Dare I ask what the beef with Kenny Miller is ( apart from crossing 'the great divide' that is:oops:)??

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
OOPS, sorry Greig, didn't realise that there was so much animosity there...........As I said , didn't know his full history but thought he had a track record that would have been pretty relevant to the 'Mighty Pars' position:whistle:
Dare I ask what the beef with Kenny Miller is ( apart from crossing 'the great divide' that is:oops:)??

There's no animosity, I joked a little when I said about him getting us relegated. We were pish that year so deserved it. Hartley has a pattern of doing well then it all falling apart (Alloa & Dundee), Falkirk was an ill-fated stint from the off IMO (he lacked that required 6th finger gene!). HE has done well with Cove though and he wouldn't be bad.

Again, no real beef with Kenny Miller but his name has been bandied about A LOT last couple of days and he has zero experience worth talking about and we need someone that, IMO, has experience of not only football management but also of the first division and how it's not an easy "easy" league. Above all, we need it properly vetted, properly recruited and we need to re-install some grit in to a team that has just looked clueless at times.

I'm hoping that it starts on Saturday.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There's no animosity, I joked a little when I said about him getting us relegated. We were pish that year so deserved it. Hartley has a pattern of doing well then it all falling apart (Alloa & Dundee), Falkirk was an ill-fated stint from the off IMO (he lacked that required 6th finger gene!). HE has done well with Cove though and he wouldn't be bad.

Again, no real beef with Kenny Miller but his name has been bandied about A LOT last couple of days and he has zero experience worth talking about and we need someone that, IMO, has experience of not only football management but also of the first division and how it's not an easy "easy" league. Above all, we need it properly vetted, properly recruited and we need to re-install some grit in to a team that has just looked clueless at times.

That was all very well and succinctly put Greig-makes so much sense when put like that!
I know Millers name was bandied about in the Daily Ranger/Sunday Mail-where I've picked it up............Will follow this with some interest as always had a soft spot for 'The Mighty Pars'
Just been announced the Mr. Smith will be having a private family service in my church-Glasgow Cathedral with a drive by Ibrox ( guess how busy that will be?!)-All on Friday

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Wouldn’t want Hartley, we’ve just got rid of one arrogant arse and definitely don’t need another one! Kenny Miller hasn’t a hope in hell thankfully!

We need either a very experienced manager who knows what this league is all about or an up and coming one who has proven himself to have something about him and that in my mind leads to two men!

John Robertson, if he can be tempted back into football and prized away from Caley!

Or

Stewart Petrie who has worked wonders at Montrose, knows the club, loves the club and is a Pars legend although tempting him away from his job outside football may be difficult.

In my opinion any of these two would also get the full backing of all the fans and hopefully start mending the rift that’s appeared in recent times between fans, the board and management teams and get ourselves moving up that table and back to some sort of respectability.

Otherwise another visit to the seaside league may be in the offing!