Scottish Fitba'

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
We seem pretty hopeless again.... would be classic Scotland to get the dramatic winner at the weekend only to blow it by failing to beat the Faroes.....

Steve Clarke special. Find a formula that works and then change it. Ok Adams is injured but Patterson and MacGregor aren’t. Utterly abject down the right again

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dross, absolute Dross!!
Unless something miraculous happens, then it's another bloody failure:mad:
Wonder what crap Clarke will come out with ( he'd better not come out with..'well they held the Danes to 0-0 here)

Don't believe it ...Dykes has just saved Clarkes scrawny neck......oh hell, more bloody VAR:rolleyes:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh that last night was horrible, utterly horrible…painful on the eyes but we won so I will forgive and try and forget.

btw…thought Hendry and McTominey were particularly poor and wasteful…and hardly heard John McGinn mentioned other than the header he missed towards the end. Tierney, Billy Gilmour and Ryan Christie did ok, Robertson OK but a bit wasteful, Dykes…well looks like we have a lucky striker. Patterson making a difference when he’s on— liking the lad.

And love AMcC commentaries…he says just what I’m thinking (and shouting at the TV). Besides…he’s a St Johnstone legend…

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh that last night was horrible, utterly horrible…painful on the eyes but we won so I will forgive and try and forget.

btw…thought Hendry and McTominey were particularly poor and wasteful…and hardly heard John McGinn mentioned other than the header he missed towards the end. Tierney, Billy Gilmour and Ryan Christie did ok, Robertson OK but a bit wasteful, Dykes…well looks like we have a lucky striker. Patterson making a difference when he’s on— liking the lad.

And love AMcC commentaries…he says just what I’m thinking (and shouting at the TV). Besides…he’s a St Johnstone legend…

No one was running off of him and giving him a lay-off or through ball option so he had to keep trying to fabricate something or have a run at the defence himself. He looked a bit lost at times with no one to link up with.
Probably the most disjointed Tierney and Robertson have been in a long time as well.

Credit to the Faroes on that as they obviously did their homework and were suffocating the left flank with two deep banks that were moving well together. But that should have been presenting switch ball opportunities that there was just no one there to take and Clarke clearly didn't see it until it was almost too late.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
No one was running off of him and giving him a lay-off or through ball option so he had to keep trying to fabricate something or have a run at the defence himself. He looked a bit lost at times with no one to link up with.
Probably the most disjointed Tierney and Robertson have been in a long time as well.

Credit to the Faroes on that as they obviously did their homework and were suffocating the left flank with two deep banks that were moving well together. But that should have been presenting switch ball opportunities that there was just no one there to take and Clarke clearly didn't see it until it was almost too late.
…and when we tried to switch flanks, our moving of the ball was often painfully slow, with cross field even quite short passes going right into the feet of, or just behind, the receiving player - who then had to collect and adjust before moving it on…frustrating as of late we’ve been much better at that.

Anyway…as we say…there are no pictures on the scorecard.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Folks forgetting Denmark were held till the 85th minute as well.

Clarke is putting faith and dreams back into the tartan army, he's a coach that everyone wanted when the job was vacant, it's coming, few youngsters that will only get better, and few still to be blooded like Hickey, Ramsay & Ferguson. Is Nisbet the striker we've needed for a while? Wait and see, but that's still our weak spot, but when you've a guy equaling decades old records it can't be bad.

It's shite being Scottish, but sometimes it's nae

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Folks forgetting Denmark were held till the 85th minute as well.

Clarke is putting faith and dreams back into the tartan army, he's a coach that everyone wanted when the job was vacant, it's coming, few youngsters that will only get better, and few still to be blooded like Hickey, Ramsay & Ferguson. Is Nisbet the striker we've needed for a while? Wait and see, but that's still our weak spot, but when you've a guy equaling decades old records it can't be bad.

It's shite being Scottish, but sometimes it's nae

No, I don't think anyone is forgetting that. Having watched that game, the big difference was that Denmark weren't lucky to escape several Faroese attacks as they basically hemmed them in to two banks of 5 protecting the keeper. And that's what I'd have expected Scotland to do.

You say "it's coming", how long does he have to be in the role before it comes? These talented youngsters, where are they? Whilst their potential doesn't even make the bench (in some cases) we're continually hit with Grant Hanley and co. He must have compromising photo's of Clarke.
Not everyone wanted Clarke, one decent season at Kilmarnock when the rest were diddies is what he has built a reputation on.

If Nisbet is the striker we need, why did he get about 10 minutes and not feature at all in many other games?

I'm not deliberately setting out to be negative here and derail the Tartan Army happy train, but we need to be realistic about the last 4 games (save the Austria game which was actually quite the gritty game you expect from Scotland) but scraping by against the might of Moldova, Israel and Faroe Islands... Is that where we think we belong and should be happy with?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wasn’t good at all last night but we won in the end and that’s the most important thing at the minute!

We have tripped up in these matches in the past and apart from a super save from Gordon and some poor finishing from the Faroes we would have again last night but we got the bit of luck we never seem to get with the goal and we sit in probably as good a place in the table as any of us could have dared to imagine before it all began!

I’m going to enjoy Scotland’s relative success because it’s now only a couple of days before club football returns and the Pars will undoubtedly bring me crashing back to earth! ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wasn’t good at all last night but we won in the end and that’s the most important thing at the minute!

We have tripped up in these matches in the past and apart from a super save from Gordon and some poor finishing from the Faroes we would have again last night but we got the bit of luck we never seem to get with the goal and we sit in probably as good a place in the table as any of us could have dared to imagine before it all began!

I’m going to enjoy Scotland’s relative success because it’s now only a couple of days before club football returns and the Pars will undoubtedly bring me crashing back to earth! ?
Putting aside many disappointing aspects, on another night Scotland could have scored 3 or 4 and lost 1 or 2. I‘ll go with that and sit in same place as @Banchory Buddha and @smange.