Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Steven O'Donnell ?
Yes I know, and a very few others, but rare. And Motherwell not the most successful club in Scotland 2020/2021 with a defensive partnership recognised widely as being very competent indeed. So is Jason Kerr able to step up as SOD has managed? He may well have really benefited from a squad place, maybe even pushing himself towards the bench if he showed he could make that step up.

And what a thrill for young StJ football fans, and others in Perth, and encouragement support your local team, to play the game, work hard, get spotted locally and who knows what next. Because the process at the moment seems pretty blinkered as isn’t (yet) producing what we need as a nation.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Can we stop with the ugly sister p*sh. Scottish football without the OF would be as pointless as tiddly winks. Can you imagine the crowds or TV viewing figures. It would be all amateur before long.
May well be true but that doesn’t make the OF any more attractive...with Thistle as Cinderella?

Maybe when there is less arrogance, condescension and dismissal of the rest of Scottish football (diddy clubs anyone) from the OF then the Ugly Sisters I am afraid they will remain in my eyes.

But as I have said repeatedly, I will ALWAYS cheer on BOTH of the OF when they are playing in Europe - something that I suggest cannot be said for many supporters of either. So in the bigger picture I’m really, underneath it all, on their (and your) side. So fret not - I fully recognise that a successful OF are core to the development and success of the Scottish National team and the wider Scottish football. As for being the US? better I suppose than the Poisonous Pair ??

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Look no further than the gates of Castle Greyskull and their ugly sisters down the road for the system eating up young talent and spitting it out.
The quest for success has led to some of the best talent being overlooked for overprived foreign players that can't cut it in places like Finland or Israel.
Too many young talented players have been wooed by the old firm to end up with splinters in their arse instead of developing their talent by actually playing.
Too many false dawns of talent from either academy now plying their trade in the lower reaches of the pyramid.

Yes, the SFA is complicit in pretty much all of it from not funding grass roots properly to having too many snouts in the trough. But most of all, they are complicit in indulging the old firm far too much to the detriment of the rest of the Scottish game whether that be club or country level.

I may have gone off on a bit of a rant there.

Hickey is a good example of that.
Rejected as a Celtic youth, developed by Hearts, sold to Bologna for £4m
Celtic want him back for £3.5m. :love:

Reactions: Val

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For those not aware Griffiths is a professor on the football field but the complete opposite off it.
I would give him a wide berth, nothing worse than someone in a team structure being completely unreliable.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Griffiths has been fit for months

No he hasn't. I watched just about every Celtic game last season, and he is done. 20 minute cameos is about his limit. The odd game he started, he was knackered after half an hour, he got hooked at half time more than once.

A shame as he was a great player on his day, but he is a total waster who has been stealing a living for the past couple of years. It will be a joke if he gets a new contract this summer.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No he hasn't. I watched just about every Celtic game last season, and he is done. 20 minute cameos is about his limit. The odd game he started, he was knackered after half an hour, he got hooked at half time more than once.

A shame as he was a great player on his day, but he is a total waster who has been stealing a living for the past couple of years. It will be a joke if he gets a new contract this summer.

You haven't read his interview I take it?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nine clean sheets in a row for Hearts now with a friendly v Sunderland on Saturday and then the first league game v Celtic.
Great to see Soutar back to his best after those horrific injuries.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Nine clean sheets in a row for Hearts now with a friendly v Sunderland on Saturday and then the first league game v Celtic.
Great to see Soutar back to his best after those horrific injuries.
I watched Brora Rangers in action last night - just sayin' :devilish:

BTW: Hearts have Stirling Albion and Inverness to face before they play Celtic