Scottish Fitba'

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Quite happy with Steve Clarke and the team.
You can see a change in class and more importantly desire.
Lots of quality young players like Patterson and Hickey waiting in the wings.
The future looks bright, the future looks blue.
We played three teams with better squads who should have beaten us.
Two game were close calls and we lost the way a bit in the third one but still battled hard.

EH, WHAT??.....Which 2 games were close calls??..And as for losing our way in the 3rd one--WE WERE PUMPED! End of-take the rosie specs off and be more honest!
Yes, we have lots of young quality players to come through but lets make sure they're not eaten up and spat out by the system that has ruined so many-along with their own vagrancies
I really want to believe, I really do- but we have to get real--this rebirth aint going to happen tomorrow.
We MAY , repeat MAY get to the world cup, but not only do the Gods need to be smiling on us but we need a change of mindset / grow a few pairs / and throw off some shackles!!
Wish I could drink-sometimes:whistle:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
EH, WHAT??.....Which 2 games were close calls??..And as for losing our way in the 3rd one--WE WERE PUMPED! End of-take the rosie specs off and be more honest!
Yes, we have lots of young quality players to come through but lets make sure they're not eaten up and spat out by the system that has ruined so many-along with their own vagrancies
I really want to believe, I really do- but we have to get real--this rebirth aint going to happen tomorrow.
We MAY , repeat MAY get to the world cup, but not only do the Gods need to be smiling on us but we need a change of mindset / grow a few pairs / and throw off some shackles!!

Croatia beat us easily but the other 2 games had tonnes of positives and we were the better team in both. Our single biggest issue is lack of a goalscorer, I believe had we had Leigh Griffiths there we would have beaten both England and the Czechs.

This Scotland side is decent, far better than I expected and I haven't watched the national side in any earnest for years

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Croatia beat us easily but the other 2 games had tonnes of positives and we were the better team in both. Our single biggest issue is lack of a goalscorer, I believe had we had Leigh Griffiths there we would have beaten both England and the Czechs.

This Scotland side is decent, far better than I expected and I haven't watched the national side in any earnest for years
It's sad when a professional footballer like Griffiths is unable to get fit enough for a full 90 mins football for his country or team.
:cry::cry:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Look no further than the gates of Castle Greyskull and their ugly sisters down the road for the system eating up young talent and spitting it out.
The quest for success has led to some of the best talent being overlooked for overprived foreign players that can't cut it in places like Finland or Israel.
Too many young talented players have been wooed by the old firm to end up with splinters in their arse instead of developing their talent by actually playing.
Too many false dawns of talent from either academy now plying their trade in the lower reaches of the pyramid.

Yes, the SFA is complicit in pretty much all of it from not funding grass roots properly to having too many snouts in the trough. But most of all, they are complicit in indulging the old firm far too much to the detriment of the rest of the Scottish game whether that be club or country level.

I may have gone off on a bit of a rant there.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Scotland were NOT the better team against England. Look at the stats. England hit the post and should have scored.
England's hardest game was against Scotland, so Scotland should have been better against the other teams.

3 Scotland players are English yet their fans are singing "we f***ing hate England" in London. How must they feel, a total embarrassment and not helping the team.

Edit - plus Dykes is an Australian.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

O.K.,o.k...Realise I need to calm the jets a bit! Just letting the frustration ( and false expectations ) get to me! Suppose I should also realise that the media can't come out and tell the total truth....you know things like 'we need goals Mr. Clarke..what are you going to do to get us them' etc,. etc.
By the way, we were not the best team against the Czechs,they also pumped us-remember? Against Engerland we played a containing game, and I still don't think we looked like winning that one either:pSo There!
Getting goals is not the biggest issue--it's total belief and conviction,- that 'bring it on-you're going down pal' belief,-'we don't care who you are -you're going down' belief that we need!!
( a lot like my golf game at the moment-easy in practise but come the 'REAL' game then wtf am I doing here??:sick:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Look no further than the gates of Castle Greyskull and their ugly sisters down the road for the system eating up young talent and spitting it out.
The quest for success has led to some of the best talent being overlooked for overprived foreign players that can't cut it in places like Finland or Israel.
Too many young talented players have been wooed by the old firm to end up with splinters in their arse instead of developing their talent by actually playing.
Too many false dawns of talent from either academy now plying their trade in the lower reaches of the pyramid.

Yes, the SFA is complicit in pretty much all of it from not funding grass roots properly to having too many snouts in the trough. But most of all, they are complicit in indulging the old firm far too much to the detriment of the rest of the Scottish game whether that be club or country level.

That is a joke blaming Rangers and Celtic. Young players suffer at all clubs in every country. My own nephew at Ross County is a prime example of the broken promises.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

No you haven't.....everything is so true-we need to develop our own.
Anyone ever see kids playing in the streets? football pitches going to shoot because of councils being strapped for cash, no ball games here- the list goes on and on!!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is a joke blaming Rangers and Celtic. Young players suffer at all clubs in every country. My own nephew at Ross County is a prime example of the broken promises.

It will be far less prevalent at the likes of County or my own Dunfemline where they rely on young local talent. Using exceptions to prove rules seems to be the forte of old firm.

So many good young players of late that were left on the heap in favour of buying success in foreign players.

Kane Hemmimgs, Barrie MacKay, Scott Allan, to a lesser degree Mackay-Stevens.

The same cycles played out time and again.
But I don't expect l less than denials and whitabootery from OF fans. As is your right.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It will be far less prevalent at the likes of County or my own Dunfemline where they rely on young local talent. Using exceptions to prove rules seems to be the forte of old firm.

So many good young players of late that were left on the heap in favour of buying success in foreign players.

But I don't expect l less than denials and whitabootery from OF fans. As is your right.

Maybe they just weren't good enough or professional enough.

The vast majority of kids in Scotland are happy on their phones or their PlayStation.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Absolute single fish mate.

That's my comment on your last bit. ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

You're quite right to rant, changes need to be made to the grass roots training system.
It's good to have blood guts n determination in a team, but basic ability ball control, dribbling, tactics and awareness will win more games.

Not sure if it's down to either of the old firm , but the old SFA brigade need a good kick up their FA.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

...and what chance of any player from the most successful team in Scotland this last season (a team 100% Scots born) getting a sniff of a place in the squad...? None I might suggest, well not until they join one of the ugly sisters or go south of the border - because the most successful team last season is a diddy team ?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
...and what chance of any player from the most successful team in Scotland this last season (a team 100% Scots born) getting a sniff of a place in the squad...? None I might suggest, well not until they join one of the ugly sisters or go south of the border - because the most successful team last season is a diddy team ?

Can we stop with the ugly sister p*sh. Scottish football without the OF would be as pointless as tiddly winks. Can you imagine the crowds or TV viewing figures. It would be all amateur before long.