Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so to this evening. I am hoping that things continue as they did after Armstrong came on for Gilmour in the England game. In my eyes as I peered from behind the sofa - things continued just as well after Gilmour was sub’d as when he was on.

Go to it lads.?????????????????????

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
And so to this evening. I am hoping that things continue as they did after Armstrong came on for Gilmour in the England game. In my eyes as I peered from behind the sofa - things continued just as well after Gilmour was sub’d as when he was on.

Go to it lads.?????????????????????
I'd like to see Forrest, Patterson and Turnbull getting a chance to play at some point tonight , fingers crossed (y)(y)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Get intae them-let's see some goals boys!!!!
Billie sent you a text re a couple of your club bagtags ( would look really good on my blue and white Ping bag +one each for JJ and JP!!

Just watched Allys ad on TV - great last line!!!!
Please LET IT BE!

Reactions: Val

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
No complaints. In 3 games we could only manage to score 1 goal, conceded 4 and lost 2 out of 3 games.

Simply not good enough at the moment, especially in the scoring goals department IMO.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Goodnight and Goodbye-no passport required-yet again!!
A pretty poor display ( anyone says otherwise is kidding themselves )
Val had it right--No plan B/ come to think of it what was plan A??
Given a lesson in how to play the basics- get hold of ball, keep hold of ball, make opponents run around like headless chickens and tire them out,score cracking goals and Voila-'that's how the game should be played--really very simple and a joy to watch!!
Will we learn anything from this??--Very, very doubtful- usual platitudes will be trotted out-You know ,all the crap about effort/proud of the boys/ so unlucky in front of goal/ bladdy, blad, di, blah'
We were out thought, out played and out classed for ( sweary word ) sake-just admit it for heavens sake!!
Good luck to England and Wales- but I'd love to see Croatia go on and on---some real quality left in now, Spain/ France/ Italy all the usual suspects

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I had a feeling it would end like this when I started hearing that Modric was perhaps past his best...clearly they had not heard of, or had forgotten about, Cubilas. Same thing. Stunning killer goal. No matter - worse things happen at sea and I can now enjoy the rest of the tournament unstressed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
At the end of the day we were percievex to be the weakest team on the group and results suggest that was true but the gulf kn class between Scotland and the other 3 isn't large at all, we held our own I believe. We must push on from this.
Coming from the perspective of my ‘own‘ club it will be interesting to see how St Johnstone do against European opposition. StJ fans think we have at least one really decent young central defender who might not look out of place in a Scotland team - but of course playing for such as StJ his promise has been rather dismissed.

Point is - I am sure there are others like SOD who - though rather exposed this evening - has shown that he can step up from being a Motherwell journeyman and do a decent job for his country when given the chance.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seriously lacking a striker, rest of the game is tidy. We had enough chances I every game to win but converted 1
As I suggested in post 1,914 non scoring strikers :cry:. Scoring only 1 goal in 3 games is terrible, our defence isn't great either, losing 5 goals in 2 games :cry:.
Back to basic tactics and training is required, taught by new thinking minds, not by the same old brigade.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At the end of the day we were percievex to be the weakest team on the group and results suggest that was true but the gulf kn class between Scotland and the other 3 isn't large at all, we held our own I believe. We must push on from this.
You're kidding right?? We were played off the pitch-lots of endeavour/huffing and puffing/but no end result or initiative-we could'nt keep the ball- see williamalex1 comment re thinking!!

Watching Spain- how to sweep someone aside ( and frighten the hell out of them )-a beautiful arrogance about their play!
Sorry Val-but a change of attitude needed in order to push on-what got us here has to be improved on:rolleyes:
So far tonight -plenty of goals- shows just what can be done, if you believe

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Quite happy with Steve Clarke and the team.
You can see a change in class and more importantly desire.
Lots of quality young players like Patterson and Hickey waiting in the wings.
The future looks bright, the future looks blue.
We played three teams with better squads who should have beaten us.
Two game were close calls and we lost the way a bit in the third one but still battled hard.