Scottish Fitba'

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have to say I think that's a bit OTT. There was no animosity or name calling in our posts, it was a perfectly civil discussion unlike some of the posts we've seen on other threads in the last few days.

I know the L word is a taboo subject for certain sections of the Scottish media, but am surprised we are not allowed to mention it here.

What's the L word?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Are you maybe just a wee bit upset that your team were so rubbish this season?

I'm gutted at how awful we have been, it's been a total shitshow from start to finish! To be fair, the way your lot have played this season, even at our best, it would have been a struggle to match you, but we should at least have put up a decent fight.

Hopefully we will get the right manager in, and normal service can resume.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm gutted at how awful we have been, it's been a total shitshow from start to finish! To be fair, the way your lot have played this season, even at our best, it would have been a struggle to match you, but we should at least have put up a decent fight.

Hopefully we will get the right manager in, and normal service can resume.

"Normal" service, in the form of Celtic winning the league without even having to try will not happen. Rangers will hopefully be a decent team from now on.

Hopefully some proper competition will be good for the game and I really hope teams beyond Glasgow can improve too.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rangers have won the league. I'd be perfectly happy if we were told not to play any more league games. ?[/QUOTE

That might be a good idea there are going to be more crowds outside Ibrox. at the next home game, listening to a grandmother say she has foll
As I said before there's idiots on both sides. The organiser and individual fans involved should be punished, not the club.
No club should be held responsible for fans outside their grounds and out with their control.

Much the same thing happened recently at Parkhead when hundreds of Celtic fans gathered during tier 4 restrictions.
Demanding Neil Lennon be sacked, Peter Lawwell sacked and the board sacked, while throwing barriers at the police, only a few arrests.
Without as much outcry or coverage on TV or Radio.

Rangers should have some responsibility for the fans by not condemning their fans strongly enough only makes things worse especially coming up to the next home game where some fans will probably gather.

Players and officials made things worse by going over and celebrating with fans even Gerrard was filmed giving a thumbs up to fans on entering Ibrox.

I think it would be a good idea to cancel the rest of the fixtures and send out a stronger message to the idiots that break COVID rules.

AliMc

Visit site
Excuse me ,but why should anyone from IBROX 'apologise for this shitshow'? Gerrard was on social media and mainstream media(I'm told) on Sat.night asking 'supporters' not to break Covid restrictions/rules and to behave as celebrations could take place when things were normalised!What's wrong with that??
Unfotunately some so-called 'fans' chose not to listen and went their own way(probably because they know better-idiots,knuckledraggers;call them what you will)IBROX cannot dictate/lay down the law-you have to trust and...as we've seen some morons can't handle being let loose.
As for 'war zones'? care to enlighten as I've seen nothing to that effect(and pray that I won't--we don't want that *** going down again)Agreed about the memorial benches though--that is disgraceful and totally without class/respect-if caught/filmed them jail and fine heavily!
Would like to see you discuss this debacle 'with a full and frank exchange of views' with Alex Rae,Kris Boyd and Richard Gough to ask them if they would condemn in any way what gone down in the name of 'celebration'
Fair points, well made
Heard a chap on radio yesterday, 51 years old from Inverness, lost his mother from Covid but felt he had to come down to Glasgow to be part of the 'title party' from a part of the country with low infection rates to a high area and back again, when one of the so pundits were specifically asked about this they blanked the question and said something along the lines of Stevie has done a great job, but yeah I suppose that was an exchange of views of sorts

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rangers should have some responsibility for the fans by not condemning their fans strongly enough only makes things worse especially coming up to the next home game where some fans will probably gather.

Players and officials made things worse by going over and celebrating with fans even Gerrard was filmed giving a thumbs up to fans on entering Ibrox.

I think it would be a good idea to cancel the rest of the fixtures and send out a stronger message to the idiots that break COVID rules.

The best idea is for the SFA/SPFL to ban Rangers fans from home games if there are any more breaches of Covid protocol. [Once fans return of course]
Make them responsible for their actions as they are having a negative effect on all levels of Scottish football

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Fair points, well made
Heard a chap on radio yesterday, 51 years old from Inverness, lost his mother from Covid but felt he had to come down to Glasgow to be part of the 'title party' from a part of the country with low infection rates to a high area and back again, when one of the so pundits were specifically asked about this they blanked the question and said something along the lines of Stevie has done a great job, but yeah I suppose that was an exchange of views of sorts

and these idiots wonder how it spreads:rolleyes:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
"Normal" service, in the form of Celtic winning the league without even having to try will not happen. Rangers will hopefully be a decent team from now on.

Hopefully some proper competition will be good for the game and I really hope teams beyond Glasgow can improve too.

Maybe, but your finances aren't great in great shape, seem to be totally dependent on directors loans to keep going. Of course, qualification for the CL group stage would make things look a lot better financially.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Maybe, but your finances aren't great in great shape, seem to be totally dependent on directors loans to keep going. Of course, qualification for the CL group stage would make things look a lot better financially.

You just need to worry about Celtic. As you pointed out CL is a big thing, be great to get involved.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No. I genuinely want to know as long as it won't offend ME. ?

You genuinely haven't heard of liquidation?

Here's some background for you.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13061560.rangers-football-club-born-1872-died-2012/

13th June 2012Rangers Football Club Born 1872, died 2012
3799905.jpg

SIR DAVID MURRAY: Sold the football club to Whyte for £1.

FORMER Rangers chairman Sir David Murray and current owner Craig Whyte face investigation into the financial meltdown that led to the club's demise.
The development came as the taxman rejected a company voluntary arrangement (CVA), meaning the club will go into liquidation within the next few days.
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) which was offered just £1.9 million of a debt perceived by the administrators to run to £21m initially, says placing the club in the hands of the liquidators will spark off a detailed independent investigation into the financial affairs of Rangers over the past two decades.
AD
It confirmed the probe could lead to criminal or civil proceedings against directors involved with Rangers over that period.
The taxman appointed joint liquidators from BDO to investigate and wind up the 140-year-old club.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You genuinely haven't heard of liquidation?

Here's some background for you.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13061560.rangers-football-club-born-1872-died-2012/

13th June 2012Rangers Football Club Born 1872, died 2012
3799905.jpg

SIR DAVID MURRAY: Sold the football club to Whyte for £1.

FORMER Rangers chairman Sir David Murray and current owner Craig Whyte face investigation into the financial meltdown that led to the club's demise.
The development came as the taxman rejected a company voluntary arrangement (CVA), meaning the club will go into liquidation within the next few days.
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) which was offered just £1.9 million of a debt perceived by the administrators to run to £21m initially, says placing the club in the hands of the liquidators will spark off a detailed independent investigation into the financial affairs of Rangers over the past two decades.
AD
It confirmed the probe could lead to criminal or civil proceedings against directors involved with Rangers over that period.
The taxman appointed joint liquidators from BDO to investigate and wind up the 140-year-old club.

???

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I genuinely have no affiliation to either Celtic or Rangers and quite frankly found Saturday's and Sunday's events absolutely disgusting, totally ignoring Covid restrictions, one individual openly masterbating in the street outside Ibrox (thankfully arrested) supporters battering seven bells out of each other, parts of the city left like a war zone, memorial benches 'accidently' broken in George Square, today I have heard interviews with individuals who seem at best to share one brain cell Alex Rae, Kris Boyd, Richard Gough etc saying how fantastic it is, no remorse from anyone apparently, is anyone with an Ibrox connection actually going to apologise for this shitshow.
Once upon a time in the late 60s well into the 70s I had a fairly strong side-affection (or is that side-affliction?) for Rangers. I liked the teams and admired many of the players of the Scot Symon through to Jock Wallace eras - though I think things started to turn late in Wallace's time. Don't know what changed - maybe I just became more aware and sensitive to what Rangers is about and what hangs off them.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hands off CallumD. In truth I think he'll want to prove himself with Saints - a club run on a shoe-string - with an eye in a couple of years time on a move to an English Championship or League 1 club

Am surprised McInnes got the sack. He has done a great job at Aberdeen for the last 7 or 8 years. Every team has a bad run now and again, it's not like they were in danger of relegation. Wonder if he regrets turning Rangers down a couple of years ago?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Am surprised McInnes got the sack. He has done a great job at Aberdeen for the last 7 or 8 years. Every team has a bad run now and again, it's not like they were in danger of relegation. Wonder if he regrets turning Rangers down a couple of years ago?

He's maybe the man to turn Celtic around.