Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Being discussed on LBC and is headline on front page of Sky News, ITV News and BBC News websites. Not great publicity for the club - but what is it that they say about publicity and what do these fans care in any case - for them a minor issue compared with most of the criticism aimed the way of Rangers :(

EDIT - Gerrard did say a couple of times that Rangers fans should follow the rules on social distancing etc.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I said before there's idiots on both sides. The organiser and individual fans involved should be punished, not the club.
No club should be held responsible for fans outside their grounds and out with their control.

Much the same thing happened recently at Parkhead when hundreds of Celtic fans gathered during tier 4 restrictions.
Demanding Neil Lennon be sacked, Peter Lawwell sacked and the board sacked, while throwing barriers at the police, only a few arrests.
Without as much outcry or coverage on TV or Radio.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As I said before there's idiots on both sides. The organiser and individual fans involved should be punished, not the club.
No club should be held responsible for fans outside their grounds and out with their control.

Much the same thing happened recently at Parkhead when hundreds of Celtic fans gathered during tier 4 restrictions.
Demanding Neil Lennon be sacked, Peter Lawwell sacked and the board sacked, while throwing barriers at the police, only a few arrests.
Without as much outcry or coverage on TV or Radio.

Both sets of fans were in the wrong, but I don't think they are that comparable in scale. There was about 10 times as many yesterday as had been at Celtic Park and it lasted a helluva lot longer. They started marching at 2pm and weren't dispersed until 9.30.

If we are apportioning blame, then it's not just the fans who got it wrong. Yesterday was entirely predictable after the police allowed a far smaller crowd to spend all day on Saturday outside Ibrox singing, dancing and letting off flares while ignoring social distancing. Rangers players were filmed dancing with the fans and taking scarves and flags from them, while Gerrard and Morelos were pictured toasting them from the dressing room, so there was tacit approval / acceptance of what happened on Saturday from both Rangers and the police.

The pictures were all over the press, and it was obvious what was going to happen yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a rerun in 2 weeks time when Rangers come to CP.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Both sets of fans were in the wrong, but I don't think they are that comparable in scale. There was about 10 times as many yesterday as had been at Celtic Park and it lasted a helluva lot longer. They started marching at 2pm and weren't dispersed until 9.30.

If we are apportioning blame, then it's not just the fans who got it wrong. Yesterday was entirely predictable after the police allowed a far smaller crowd to spend all day on Saturday outside Ibrox singing, dancing and letting off flares while ignoring social distancing. Rangers players were filmed dancing with the fans and taking scarves and flags from them, while Gerrard and Morelos were pictured toasting them from the dressing room, so there was tacit approval / acceptance of what happened on Saturday from both Rangers and the police.

The pictures were all over the press, and it was obvious what was going to happen yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a rerun in 2 weeks time when Rangers come to CP.
Any more than 2 people gathering outside is a crowd and flouting regulations.
I shudder to think what might happen in 2 weeks time,. It'll be scary stuff if both sets of idiot fans get together at Parkhead or even elsewhere :cry::cry:.
The police should be treating this very seriously, just as they would with an actual old firm game,

2 sets of idiot fans colliding is bad enough at the best of times, but exacerbated with Covid :eek:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any more than 2 people gathering outside is a crowd and flouting regulations.
I shudder to think what might happen in 2 weeks time,. It'll be scary stuff if both sets of idiot fans get together at Parkhead or even elsewhere :cry::cry:.
The police should be treating this very seriously, just as they would with an actual old firm game,

2 sets of idiot fans colliding is bad enough at the best of times, but exacerbated with Covid :eek:

They should tell all the eejits crowds are allowed back in at the stadium and it's free entry, then lock the bloody gates once they're all inside and leave them there for a few months.

Will probably take them that long to notice no game has taken place...

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
They should tell all the eejits crowds are allowed back in at the stadium and it's free entry, then lock the bloody gates once they're all inside and leave them there for a few months.

Will probably take them that long to notice no game has taken place...
Good idea mate, I mibbie start supporting St Johnstone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think they have won it once. If the old club still exist, can the tax payers have their millions owed to HMRC back?
55times....As for HMRC,they should be chasing that shyster Whyte-he's the one who bankrupted/robbed the club and suppliers.
BTW I don't recall Leeds/Blackpool/and was it Bradford?-amongst others paying HMRC dues after going down the tubes (in one form or another)
As williamalex1 says (and I'll change it slightly to read 'come up and take a day looking round our trophy room'! You may be pleasantly surprised!
'Once'?...My jacksie!!!

AliMc

Visit site
I genuinely have no affiliation to either Celtic or Rangers and quite frankly found Saturday's and Sunday's events absolutely disgusting, totally ignoring Covid restrictions, one individual openly masterbating in the street outside Ibrox (thankfully arrested) supporters battering seven bells out of each other, parts of the city left like a war zone, memorial benches 'accidently' broken in George Square, today I have heard interviews with individuals who seem at best to share one brain cell Alex Rae, Kris Boyd, Richard Gough etc saying how fantastic it is, no remorse from anyone apparently, is anyone with an Ibrox connection actually going to apologise for this shitshow.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Excuse me ,but why should anyone from IBROX 'apologise for this shitshow'? Gerrard was on social media and mainstream media(I'm told) on Sat.night asking 'supporters' not to break Covid restrictions/rules and to behave as celebrations could take place when things were normalised!What's wrong with that??
Unfotunately some so-called 'fans' chose not to listen and went their own way(probably because they know better-idiots,knuckledraggers;call them what you will)IBROX cannot dictate/lay down the law-you have to trust and...as we've seen some morons can't handle being let loose.
As for 'war zones'? care to enlighten as I've seen nothing to that effect(and pray that I won't--we don't want that *** going down again)Agreed about the memorial benches though--that is disgraceful and totally without class/respect-if caught/filmed them jail and fine heavily!
Would like to see you discuss this debacle 'with a full and frank exchange of views' with Alex Rae,Kris Boyd and Richard Gough to ask them if they would condemn in any way what gone down in the name of 'celebration'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Any chance you two guys can take it to pm, these things always lead to more thread moderation.

Have to say I think that's a bit OTT. There was no animosity or name calling in our posts, it was a perfectly civil discussion unlike some of the posts we've seen on other threads in the last few days.

I know the L word is a taboo subject for certain sections of the Scottish media, but am surprised we are not allowed to mention it here.