Scottish Fitba'

4LEX

Visit site
Get in, well done Scotland! Amazing to have you back at a major tournament.

Totally deserved tonight, came out and took the game to Serbia. Got suckered at the end and Serbia deserved to lose for their cowardice in extra time.

England v Scotland at Wembley in June.....blue skies and 5 pints deep by midday - bring it on.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Aaaaaand...breath...oh my giddy aunt. Now have to apologise to my Mrs for my foul mood last night as the clock hit 90mins...I’m afraid she didn’t get it...But in the end...phew ???

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always a given once Mitrovic walked up. If ever a striker needed something for his confidence it was him. Terrible penalty but a decent save. Well played Scotland even if you did try and give it away before penalties

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Loved Marshall eyeballing the ref and just daring him to cancel his penalty save.
That was a long three seconds.:eek:

And with good cause, those familiar with La Liga will know Senor Lahoz has a habit of making some pretty odd decisions. Overall one of the better Spanish refs and a no-nonsense approach, but had a tendency to want some limelight now and again.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We must have been watching different matches because I saw a well struck penalty right in the bottom corner but a brilliant save by the keeper :unsure:

So did I.

I always get the hump when some critic says that a player has missed a penalty when the goalkeeper has pulled off a great save.
He/she did not miss it.
You only miss a penalty when you fail to hit the ball within the woodwork. IMVHO.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Loved Marshall eyeballing the ref and just daring him to cancel his penalty save.
That was a long three seconds.:eek:
I read that Marshall has said that he was told by the ref before the final penalty to not celebrate if he saved it as there would be a VAR check...so Marshall knew what was going on as he waited these looooooong 3 seconds - or was that 23 years he and we all waited :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Always good to see the home nations in the Major Tournaments and shame to see the Irish teams missing out

Good to see the emotion from the Scottish players as well - can see it means a lot to them

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
It wsnt a great pen, was a good height for the keeper , still had to be saved though. That'll teach him for wating tilk last for the glory ?

You're having a laugh. It was an absolute bullet of a penalty right in the nightmare 3/4 of the way to the post area. Perhaps about 4 inches too high but it was a great save.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
You're having a laugh. It was an absolute bullet of a penalty right in the nightmare 3/4 of the way to the post area. Perhaps about 4 inches too high but it was a great save.
It was too high and not far enough right and was easily saved. the sort that if you guess the right way you'll probsbly save it. , but other than that it was a cracker ;)