Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A red all day long that one. He cost Rangers any chance today. I think Celtic have been let off the hook by Rangers this season.
With the money Celtic already have, guaranteed UCL money and more than likely a couple of big players leaving at big money it could be a very different team that starts next season. Hopefully spend a bit more wisely in the summer than last summer.
Absolutely crazy challenge from Lundstram. Perversely though, the red card didn't help Celtic. They were overplaying everything and trying to walk the ball into the net. I had a nightmare vision of Rangers scrambling a late equaliser, and us then going to Rugby park on Wednesday and getting beat. Thankfully don't need to worry about that now. Suspect Rangers will draw with Dundee on Tuesday to deny us the pleasure of winning the title on the pitch.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was in the car quite a bit this afternoon and the old firm game was the commentary. One of the stats given was that prior to today, Celtic have dropped 2 points in matches against Rangers this season. In comparison Rangers have dropped 8 points against Celtic. Now 11 of course.

Rangers can't really complain about coming second when that 1 v 1 stat is quite so stark. Clear where they need to improve next season.
The 2 dropped points came from 95th minute equaliser in a game we had been 2 up and were coasting. We should really have done a clean sweep.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was in the car quite a bit this afternoon and the old firm game was the commentary. One of the stats given was that prior to today, Celtic have dropped 2 points in matches against Rangers this season. In comparison Rangers have dropped 8 points against Celtic. Now 11 of course.

Rangers can't really complain about coming second when that 1 v 1 stat is quite so stark. Clear where they need to improve next season.
Exactly the point Kris Boyd was making post-match.

4LEX

Visit site
Rangers have thrown this one away. That Motherwell home defeat and two poor results against Ross County and Dundee have cost them the title.

That doesn't even include terrible performances in the Old Firm games this season. Sad to say it but Celtic deserve it based on those games.

Springveldt

Visit site
Feels like Rangers have really let Celtic off the hook this season as we have been really poor for most of the season outwith the derbies.

Hopefully the board back Rodgers during the off-season as some changes are needed. I’d imagine O’Riley will be off for big money so we are looking at GK, CB, LB and CM at a minimum. Need to clear out some of the dross as well.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I said at the time when Rangers lost to Motherwell and Celtic lost to Hearts it was 3 points gained for Celtic and people scoffed. For me it was the turning point in the league.
Hearts could always take points of the Glasgow clubs but losing points to Motherwell was pivotal.
Rangers have taken 1 point from the Glasgow derby, that's never going to win the league. Rangers are going to regret this chance because I reckon Celtic are going to dominate for the foreseeable future.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ooops…that didn’t help an already difficult cause…but wait…🤪

And wait again…c’mon Kenny Miller, if by the letter of the law it’s Red, then surely it’s Red. He could have broken Johnston’s leg.

ETA…Despite myself the OF match is on TV…my dominant thought is not about the game..rather it’s about how irritating I find the accent and the style of commentary of the Sky commentator. Also a pity that no Rangers fans in the ground, as there are no Celtic fans at Ibrox games. That said..maybe defuses things a little.

Game’s alright mind.👍
Miller made a total fool of himself, insinuating Johnston drew the foul as “he planted his leg between the ball and the man, that’s what they do these days”. As if any player goes out of their way to be hit by such a dangerous tackle.

I thought that given a few hours reflection, he might have realised he was talking absolute nonsense, but he was doubling down on Radio Scotland last night, blaming VAR for what was a correct decision.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rangers were poor. Barasic basically allowed O'Reilly to shoot, making zero effort to challenge him.

Clement needs to try swapping Sterling and Tav.

Sterling is a right back and Tav is a better forward player than a right back.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Rangers were poor. Barasic basically allowed O'Reilly to shoot, making zero effort to challenge him.

Clement needs to try swapping Sterling and Tav.

Sterling is a right back and Tav is a better forward player than a right back.
Thought Clement made some very strange decisions yesterday. Taking Souter off at ht when he wasn’t injured and moving Sterling to CB when Sterling had looked dangerous going forward. Playing with Dessers up front on his own after the red card, in what was a must win game. He has no pace and was never going to get a sniff with Celtic playing a high line. Cantwell not getting on when he is your most creative midfielder.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Hibs should be a top six team and if they're not I would imagine they see that as a failure. I do think a manager does need time to get the team he wants on the park but boards don't seem to have the bottle to stick with a manager nowadays.