Scottish Fitba'

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I felt the penalty award against Shanklin was not quite right.
If a ball is driven at pace straight to your face, from a short distance your natural reaction is to protect yourself by putting your hand up.
Its that or a broken nose/conccusion.
The fact that he was not sent off [double yellow] tends to support that thought.

Last game at Tynecastle should be quite a match,
Penalty to Rangers 86th minute for a draw is my call.

PS Nice to see Laurance Shankland and John McGlynn getting player and manager of the year awards.

Last edited:

Springveldt

Visit site
I felt the penalty award against Shanklin was not quite right.
If a ball is driven at pace straight to your face, from a short distance your natural reaction is to protect yourself by putting your hand up.
Its that or a broken nose/conccusion.
The fact that he was not sent off [double yellow] tends to support that thought.

Last game at Tynecastle should be quite a match,
Penalty to Rangers 86th minute for a draw is my call.

PS Nice to see Laurance Shankland and John McGlynn getting player and manager of the year awards.
I'm not sure how you can give the penalty there and not book the player.

Had to laugh yesterday when they had a VAR check to try to disallow an own goal 😁
The VAR check for a Rangers penalty claim, you can see after 2 seconds it's not a penalty, why did it take him nearly 3 minutes to come to the decision?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Crunch day at other end of table from the weenie battle. Saintees just must beat Livi away (mmmh) and I’m rooting for Billy’s mate’s team…Mon the Well up in Dingwall.

Have a feeling neither will go the way I want, and don’t really care what happens in Glasgow…though if pressed I have a very slight preference but will keep that to myself.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ooops…that didn’t help an already difficult cause…but wait…🤪

And wait again…c’mon Kenny Miller, if by the letter of the law it’s Red, then surely it’s Red. He could have broken Johnston’s leg.

ETA…Despite myself the OF match is on TV…my dominant thought is not about the game..rather it’s about how irritating I find the accent and the style of commentary of the Sky commentator. Also a pity that no Rangers fans in the ground, as there are no Celtic fans at Ibrox games. That said..maybe defuses things a little.

Game’s alright mind.👍

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ooops…that didn’t help an already difficult cause…but wait…🤪

And wait again…c’mon Kenny Miller, if by the letter of the law it’s Red, then surely it’s Red. He could have broken Johnson’s leg.
Ah..... that's who Kenny is.... says "That's where the game is now. That was never a Red Card" When it so, so obviously was.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well..could’ve been watching St Johnstone for the last 15mins as Celtic ‘defended’ their lead against ten men. Only difference being StJ would have shipped two goals and surrendered their lead.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
A red all day long that one. He cost Rangers any chance today. I think Celtic have been let off the hook by Rangers this season.
With the money Celtic already have, guaranteed UCL money and more than likely a couple of big players leaving at big money it could be a very different team that starts next season. Hopefully spend a bit more wisely in the summer than last summer.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A red all day long that one. He cost Rangers any chance today. I think Celtic have been let off the hook by Rangers this season.
With the money Celtic already have, guaranteed UCL money and more than likely a couple of big players leaving at big money it could be a very different team that starts next season. Hopefully spend a bit more wisely in the summer than last summer.
Lol

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1715440908470.jpg
    FB_IMG_1715440908470.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 6

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Caution..........Rangers fan beginning to sound like a Hearts/Aberdeen/Hibs/ Dundee United/Kilmarnock fan

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was in the car quite a bit this afternoon and the old firm game was the commentary. One of the stats given was that prior to today, Celtic have dropped 2 points in matches against Rangers this season. In comparison Rangers have dropped 8 points against Celtic. Now 11 of course.

Rangers can't really complain about coming second when that 1 v 1 stat is quite so stark. Clear where they need to improve next season.