Scottish Fitba'

MACM85

Visit site
Any of those 5 of interest to PL clubs or will they move around in Scotland? Did Rangers want any to stay or, apart from the lack of fee, will they be happy for them to leave?

Would expect to see McGregor finished.
Arfield will have options in Scotland, Morelos and Kent will try and find a lucrative contract somewhere. Kent apparently being looked at in Turkey, No idea who will take Morelos considering he is not his former self these days and seriously needs to knuckle down and work on his fitness.

Helander has not really been a shining light for Rangers. No idea where he could go.

This free's up some wages for Rangers to try and compete with us next year. However I am very surprised with Kent and Morelos being allowed to dwindle their contract down and leave for nothing when both have been rumoured to have bids of 20m+ on both of them

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Any of those 5 of interest to PL clubs or will they move around in Scotland? Did Rangers want any to stay or, apart from the lack of fee, will they be happy for them to leave?

Kent and Morelos were constantly linked with big money moves to the EPL last season and the one before. Both have had very poor seasons, their form has been terrible and their attitude has been just as bad. Kent will end up in the Championship at best, Morelos will disappear abroad. Arfield will get another SPL club.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Would expect to see McGregor finished.
Arfield will have options in Scotland, Morelos and Kent will try and find a lucrative contract somewhere. Kent apparently being looked at in Turkey, No idea who will take Morelos considering he is not his former self these days and seriously needs to knuckle down and work on his fitness.

Helander has not really been a shining light for Rangers. No idea where he could go.

This free's up some wages for Rangers to try and compete with us next year. However I am very surprised with Kent and Morelos being allowed to dwindle their contract down and leave for nothing when both have been rumoured to have bids of 20m+ on both of them
if anyone had bid 20m for either of them, they would have been long gone. Leeds were supposed to have made a couple of bids for Kent, there is no evidence of any concrete offer for Morelos who was a very good goalscorer when fit but his attitude has always been very poor, think that put a lot of clubs off.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Arfield would be a good fit at Hearts, if we can afford him after forking out to Celtic for Kennedy
…and if you were acclimatised to the sunny climes of Glasgow not sure that you’d take too easily to a life in Aberdeen - who seem to be on the verge of a strong recovery after two decades in the doldrums.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Scottish Premiership crowds record after last night matches and Scotland has best gates per capita in Europe…yes of course most crowds are Rangers and Celtic home games but good crowds pretty much across the board with average match day attendance of over 100,000 with approx half being a Rangers or Celtic home game. Encouraging for the clubs.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Scottish Premiership crowds record after last night matches and Scotland has best gates per capita in Europe…yes of course most crowds are Rangers and Celtic home games but good crowds pretty much across the board with average match day attendance of over 100,000 with approx half being a Rangers or Celtic home game. Encouraging for the clubs.
Good news
I think the quality of Scottish Fitba has dramatically increased this year.
Hearts now have a substantial waiting list for season tickets, and often take up to 2,000+ fans to away games.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good news
I think the quality of Scottish Fitba has dramatically increased this year.
Hearts now have a substantial waiting list for season tickets, and often take up to 2,000+ fans to away games.
Indeed, it ain't all bad.
My St.Mirren season ticket holder pal is absolutely buzzing about the season they have had.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Crazy sending off at Ayr.
Defender grapples Ayr CF then starts throttling him.
CF forcefully tries to push him off but misses.
Thistle guy falls to the deck mortally wounded
Ayr guy sent off and I don't even think the Thistle guy gets booked.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Indeed, it ain't all bad.
My St.Mirren season ticket holder pal is absolutely buzzing about the season they have had.
I am rather pleased that St Mirren did well as I have a very good friend from my Paisley student days who is a huge fan, and like your mate she will be buzzing. Besides, Paisley has been in tough times for decades and the place needs a lift.

Perth Saints fans are just massively relieved that the club scraped SPL survival…a previous death spiral saw in 1986 the club at the very bottom of the Scottish football pile and completely bust and about to go out of business…when the current owner stepped in, it could happen again. But not yet, and hopefully not ever 👍

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Emotional day of change yesterday at McDiarmid.

Chairman stands down and temporarily hands reins back to his dad - the current club owner as a buyer is sought. Interim manager gets a three year contract for keeping Saintees in SPL. Club ‘legend’ Murray Davidson comes on in last minute - his final game at club after 14yrs and over 400 games and three major trophies. Plus Chris Kane - a hero of the ‘winning year’ came on for his first game of the season after long term injury has kept him out…and as his contract is up it could be his last; and he scores from the spot.

And the team played pretty well to beat Livi - a bogey team of late.

All very emotional.

Aside…great to see near 8,500 at the Killie - Ross County game.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Congrats to Celtic winning the Scottish Cup yesterday - decent showing by Cally Thistle scoring a great goal. And I thought Hampden and the pitch looked superb.

And on the Celtic manager…a friend who has a friend who knows someone close to the Celtic board says he is not going to Spurs - he’s been offered the greatest £££s ever for managing a Scottish club.

Though…a friend of a friend etc 🤔