Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Jim Spence
@JimSpenceSport
·
1h
Tommy Wright was always great to deal with. Had a quick blether with him there. This has been coming for a wee while now and is probably best for both parties. Fresh start for both Tommy and Saints.

Reactions: Val

User20204

Visit site
Who's Twitter?

Tom English.

I said so not having heard the actual interview, I've since currently heard it and he TE didn't actually speak to ND, it was Richard Gordon who did.

I thought ND came over very well and RG was just rambling by repeatedly asking the same questions over and over again, despite getting clear and distinct replies from ND.

Michael Stewart certainly handed TE his erse on a plate and put him straight about his (TE) repeated mention of loans.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This could push SILH { Hugh } over the edge, he's one of their few die hard supporters from way down south [ side }:ROFLMAO:
Aaaargh....nooooo...ah hells teeth...?

But will always be a legend with saints fans as he took us to out first Scottish Cup Final - and we won - and I was there with my mum and my son plus a couple of cousins. What a day - never to be forgotten - mum hadn’t been to a football match since she had gone to watch saints a few times in the late 1940s. She was so chuffed - as we all were.

Thanks Tommy and good luck.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Owen Coyle bookies favourite to take over.
Wright did a great job at St Johnstone...pro rata probably the best manager in Britain.
Managing a team that competed with Celtic and won the Scottish Cup on a budget that was probably smaller than the likes of Fleetwood.
I think he will do well as NI manager.

BTW......it is an 'advanced payment of fees'...…….definitely not a loan :love:
https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-46665

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Owen Coyle bookies favourite to take over.
Wright did a great job at St Johnstone...pro rata probably the best manager in Britain.
Managing a team that competed with Celtic and won the Scottish Cup on a budget that was probably smaller than the likes of Fleetwood.
I think he will do well as NI manager.

BTW......it is an 'advanced payment of fees'...…….definitely not a loan :love:
https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-46665

Not sure you can say he gave Celtic a run for their money, his highest league position in 7 seasons was 4th.

Reactions: Val

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Alan Stubbs has warned Rangers to avoid the null and void talk on the Premiership or risk being stripped of some of their own titles.
The former Celtic star says the Ibrox club are in danger of opening up a can of worms by sticking to their guns over their opposition to the SPFL calling the season now and awarding the title to Neil Lennon’s men and Hearts being relegated.
The Hoops are 13 points clear with eight games remaining but Rangers insist the title can only be won on the pitch and that
finishing the season with a significant amount of games still to play impacts upon the integrity of the game.
Ibrox managing director Stewart Robertson also stated they are opposed to playing matches behind closed doors.
And former Rangers star and manager Ally McCoist claimed there would forever be an asterisk against Celtic’s name if the SPFL award them the title.

But former Hoops defender Stubbs warned Gers they should be careful what they wish for because preventing the season ending early could see titles they won during the EBT era being brought into question.

He said: “Rangers should be very careful because if they start saying this campaign should be null and void then what about all the leagues they won when they were later found in court to be bending the rules regarding their tax avoidance?
“The difference here is that Celtic have done nothing wrong while Rangers did do something wrong and still kept those titles.
“Plus, if anything, if the season had continued, I could only see the gap between the two clubs becoming even wider.
“For me, it’s not even up for discussion because Celtic would have finished even further ahead.
“Rangers had been more or less admitting that their season was over before the lockdown even happened and they were only ever playing for second place this year.

“Last December when Rangers bossed Celtic at Parkhead we thought we had a genuine title race but then the wheels fell off for them. They have been really poor since the winter break.
“Sometimes you look outside for excuses but it’s better to look at home for them. They only have themselves to blame for that.
“Celtic deserve to be champions – it’s the other end of the table where the problem is.”
Stubbs also criticised Robertson for dismissing closed-door games.
The former Hibs boss said: “That’s just a ridiculous comment because the most important thing at the moment is that people
are dying out there and mass gatherings put lives at risk.”
Ibrox coach Michael Beale also came under fire from Stubbs over his claims that December’s Betfred Cup final was the most one-sided ever, despite Gers losing 1-0 to Celtic. Stubbs reckons that simply highlighted Rangers’ shortcomings.

He added: “The record books say that Celtic won and that’s the most important thing.
“Celtic know how to win when it matters. Rangers have lost two cup finals and five semi-finals since winning promotion back to the Premiership in 2016.
“Celtic have got the advantage in the really big games because Rangers have come up short whenever they’ve been under pressure.
“Their players have admitted that they can’t handle pressure and, when you’re playing for big clubs and that’s the case, you’re no good to anybody.”

● Five Supreme Court judges unanimously agreed in 2017 that the EBT system used by then owner Sir David Murray between 2001-10 to pay some £47million to more than 80 players, managers and club officials broke tax rules.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Who cares what Alan Stubbs thinks.......
Why is Coronavirus and Tax cases even in the same bracket.
It has no relevance whatsoever.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Who cares what Alan Stubbs thinks.......
Why is Coronavirus and Tax cases even in the same bracket.
It has no relevance whatsoever.

Rangers have been whinging on about a lack of fair play, what about the lack of fair play when they were fiddling tax to help them recruit players they otherwise couldn't have afforded? McCoist wants Celtic to have an asterisk against this year's title if it is awarded to them, does that mean Rangers should have the same against the titles they cheated to win?

That's the point he is making, it's a valid one.

User20204

Visit site
And former Rangers star and manager Ally McCoist claimed there would forever be an asterisk against Celtic’s name if the SPFL award them the title.

That just sums up everything that is petty and pathetic about the ugly sisters, if it's not that from one side it's constant droning on about The Rangers being only 8 years old.....zzzzzzzzzz Yawn.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Regardless of what anyone says or thinks the Rangers EBT things and all that is in the past and has been dealt with.

Of course if the season ends and Celtic awarded the title there will always be an asterisk next to it, the season didn’t come to a natural close so that should go without saying!

Celtic could of course put an asterisk on their shirt alongside their star and therefore getting “one up” on their ugly sisters in their continuing playground argument of “but teacher they said their dad is bigger than mine”

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Steven Gerrard should be grateful for a season ending sooner, it probably saved his job.

I'm surprised there has be no talk of Tommy Wright taking his job. He would be a definite improvement, and he wouldn't throw his players under the bus every time they lose a game.