Scotscraig Golf Club

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played there yesterday for the first time and I just wanted to recommend it to fellow forumers who haven't played it yet. What a beauty.

Located in Tayport, between St Andrews and Carnoustie. Beautiful heathland course, cracking fast greens. Open qualifier. Whins, gorse, heather, trees, undulations and lots of interest.

Played in a fourball. Our test of a good course is whether we'd want to join as a member. We all decided we would in a flash.

If you're in the area and want a wee change from links courses then this is the one to play.

Cheers

John

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't lived here that long John.
From Madandra's neck of the woods originally.

Working my way round Angus clubs at the moment. Maybe get into Fife next year at some point. Scotscraig, st Andrews etc.
I've got an invite to Burntisland to take up as well.
When you coming back up here again? Get on for £57 now we're on mats.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good man, Steve. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you get a day like we did yesterday. A word to the wise, though. Have your driver in top form or you're in trouble.

Ah, Atticus. I see. Must get up to Carnoustie again and try to do it justice this time. Is that winter rate in place until end March, then?

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
Good man, Steve. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you get a day like we did yesterday. A word to the wise, though. Have your driver in top form or you're in trouble.

Thanks for the advice John. I know I'm tempting fate here but my driving has been transformed since buying the ft-i