Scotland Debate

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reckon the one suggesting the Scottish Border be moved further South to include the north of England - that was the cherry on top
I suspect that was a joke, and it's one I have heard a few times from people who are concerned about the effect that Scottish Independence would have on the North of England (not that I'm labouring a point here).

More than one person I know has stated that they would have considered moving to Scotland had the vote gone in favour of YES.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think he was joking about moving the border.
But in England, is it true the further north you get from Westminster there's increasing feelings of being treated as 2nd class citizens and discontentment with the powers that be ???.

See my post above. I wrote it whilst you were composing yours..

D

Deleted member 15344

I think he was joking about moving the border.
But in England, is it true the further north you get from Westminster there's increasing feelings of being treated as 2nd class citizens and discontentment with the powers that be ???.

I wouldn't rule out people in London feeling that discontent towards the government

I can't remember the last time didn't have issues with the government

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect that was a joke, and it's one I have heard a few times from people who are concerned about the effect that Scottish Independence would have on the North of England (not that I'm labouring a point here).

More than one person I know has stated that they would have considered moving to Scotland had the vote gone in favour of YES.
So DFTs idea about moving the border a bit to the south might be a good idea :rofl:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think the BBC thing is in the White Paper. I remember reading about using existing BBC facilities to create a SBC and buy in BBC programmes when required
I assumed that it was common knowledge.

Civilised/last post was pretty rude, may be true :lol: but is was also rude.

White paper/common knowledge or not, you ignored the question on more than 1 occasion, that is more rude than me pointing the truth out to you.

My post wasn't rude, blunt possibly but not rude.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Wow, what a major pot a kettle statement, I'm unsure if you ever answered any question posed to you straight on this thread.

You're unsure?

I beg you pardon, could you guys please try to be a bit more civilised.
I have tried to answer any questions posed, perhaps you can remind me of the ones I have missed.

I know you ignored a number of questions I posed to you. And I've just had a brief skim through the thread, and found you ignored a number of questions posed by a number of posters. I think the spin you put on a number of facts, and your blinkered attitude did more for NO than YES.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[QUOTE
I know you ignored a number of questions I posed to you. And I've just had a brief skim through the thread, and found you ignored a number of questions posed by a number of posters. I think the spin you put on a number of facts, and your blinkered attitude did more for NO than YES.[/QUOTE]

Can you please post them so I can reply. [or not]
As I said I have tried to reply to each post, any that was rude and included a personal insult or, in the BBC case, I presumed was common knowledge I may not have wasted my time. I understand now that what was common knowledge in Scotland may not be the case South of Watford.
A few, like the Scottish border issue were said tongue in cheek I can't believe some folk took it literally.
Mind you, having spent a few days walking in the North of England a few locals wished Scotland good luck and said that they wished they could join us.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Much ?! many ?!

Generic statements or meaningless

How do you know how "many" or "much" feel - have you asked them ?

Your nation had the choice - that choice has been made - either cry about it and act like a child who didn't get the bike for Xmas or look forward to how the country can move forward together with more powers

So much bitterness flying around at the moment

The fact some are trying to suggest ways to make the vote null and void is laughable

Well no bitterness from me.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
And judging by the reaction of some yes campaigners I have a feeling there would have been a lot more gloating and a lot more trouble

After the 'shock horror' of the reaction to the Balotelli tweet, the 'No' campaigners appear to have been similarly 'vile' (a Scots Police description) of Andy Murray's one!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29323123

Idiots everywhere is my conclusion - and high profile folk need to recognise that and 'temper' their activity accordingly!

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As I said I have tried to reply to each post, any that was rude and included a personal insult or, in the BBC case, I presumed was common knowledge I may not have wasted my time.

You THINK it was in the white paper, well it wasn't. The white paper stated it would become the SBS in Scotland using BBC Scotlands assets using Scottish licence payers money. So BBC Scotland in all but name.

I asked the question of your opinion 3 times and it was ignored.

Going back just this month for question's and retorts to you which got no response, i've found 2 examples that I asked, now given this thread has been running since January I wont be going back but I can assure you its been a common theme of yours.

Economy 3rd Sept

For many years Scotland has had a positive balance of payments, we export far more than we import.
A large percentage of our imports are from England
So why did/is our economy grow/growing at a slower rate than that of the UK?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...iness-27048036

If you are going to post nonsense as fact at least back it up with something.

Pound Value

think the drop in the pound value is more to do with the long term problems that England will have to face without the additional off set from Scotland's balance of payments surplus. Not much to do with Scotland at all.
Go read that contradiction again. How can it be nothing to so with Scotland if it's Scotland that's affecting it?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Val- I applaud you trying to get an answer- but he is lighting fuses all over this thread and two others.

I'm sure theres a name for people that do that on forums

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In 'defence' of DFT...that's something I didn't expect to be doing!

Your statement about what was in the White Paper seems to answer your own question!

Neither of the other 2 'comments' were really actually questions! Certainly the 1st wasn't, and a reply to the 2nd would only have been a repeat of the first sentence!

I'm making no comment on the validity of the statements/opinions either way btw, just can't see why a reply to either was considered necessary/avoided.

C

c1973

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
deflect deflect deflect once again, avoid the questions you can't possibly answer.
Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
How do you know that? - It was a gut feeling
Provide me with evidence of your statement. you are my evidence
Are you able to foresee future events before they happen? - nope
Do you just make up things to support your views? Nope

Etc etc etc.
Your turn to answer all the questions you have avoided

touche DfT :)

It would appear he answered DFTs questions and is still waiting on answers from DFT for the many questions put to him he chose to ignore, or possibly never noticed, on the thread.

Touche Liverpoolphil :)

Avoiding answering questions on various matters was (imo) one of the main reasons yes were defeated. I realise that's how politicians operate, but this was too big an issue for that tactic to work (again, imo).

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Avoiding answering questions on various matters was (imo) one of the main reasons yes were defeated. I realise that's how politicians operate, but this was too big an issue for that tactic to work (again, imo).

I agree! However, I believe the 'strategy' was to avoid getting bogged down in the detail of the 'final product' and the transition - as answering those questions would always put the 'Yes' on the defensive. Possibly an error not to have provided some expansion/options though and actually provided an environment where ridiculous claims of the danger of Independence could also be made.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In 'defence' of DFT...that's something I didn't expect to be doing!

Your statement about what was in the White Paper seems to answer your own question!

Neither of the other 2 'comments' were really actually questions! Certainly the 1st wasn't, and a reply to the 2nd would only have been a repeat of the first sentence!

I'm making no comment on the validity of the statements/opinions either way btw, just can't see why a reply to either was considered necessary/avoided.

Thank you Foxholer.......I am out of here now as I find some of the 'robust' comments rude and bullying.