This will cost us...again.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-22013724

Brilliant, here is another tax payer bailout heading our way. WE, all of us, are supposed to own 82% of RBS................bull, total bull. The day RBS and the other banks get back to normality do you think the taxpayer will get anything back.....no is the right answer.
I’ll bet when all this is finished, the government, the taxpayer, me and you will wish it just went under. That would have taught the ultimate lesson to all the billions of greed that was running through the people who were involved in all this.
The Tories will be blaming Labour for many years to come, but these are the fat cats that all the top guys, experts and politicians, say we need to pay the big wage and the big bonuses in order to keep them. It’s been proved time and time again that people in trusted jobs, big paying jobs, including MPs themselves, are as greedy, if not more than the little guy who’s lost his job and got shopped for working on the side.
When is this mentality going to change. Pay them for doing their job, nothing more. AND, the bonus is, if you do it well, you will keep your job. If they don’t like it then go abroad we have a nation of what 50 million, surely one of us will be more qualified that sir Fred...............after all he had no qualifications whatsoever in banking.

I'm on it the day lads....:angry:

alnecosse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So true this really gets to me when i read about their bonuses gold plated pensions and all the other perks that go with these positions. If the guy in the street does his job poorly he is sacked. Its about time the banking industry made them accountable for there gross mismanagement, if they wan't to go work abroad let them go hardly a big loss.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd love to see my bosses face if I walked into his office tomorrow morning and offered the line "I've just lost the company £1Million" I'm fairly sure he wouldn't offer me a whopping great bonus there's a fair chance that what he would do is drag me out the window with him as he jumped!

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
THE worst financial decision EVER made was letting Lehman Brothers go under. It left all the other banks massively exposed as all banks owe money to other banks. So, if RBS and Lehmans had been allowed to go under then you'd have had a worldwide financial meltdown. You think things are bad now - they'd have been horrific if all the failing banks had been allowed to go under. After all, Goldman Sachs was helped by the Fed.
Also, is it fair that the man/woman who is simply an analyst for RBS loses their job? They've done nothing wrong and yet pay the ultimate career price.
I do agree that the men at the top should go if they under perform. That's basic employment. If you don't do your job then you get fired.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
be8.gif