IS bombing

C

c1973

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34181475

What's folks feelings on this? Are you comfortable with the Government killing these two? Should Cameron have sought parliamentary approval or was he correct?

Interesting to note the SNP Westminster leader bleating about not being informed........even though Lego heid ( SNP Obersturmführer) had been briefed.

No doubt Corbyn will be appalled.........and will be inviting IS members to parliament for tea and cake (he does have previous here).

Looks like the other parties are between a rock and a hard place, not knowing whether to condone or condemn.

D

Deleted member 15344

If it's protecting the country and its citizens then yes I have no issue

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If we know who they are, and what they are planning, then give it to them hard.

They go to fight a war against the West so let's give them some.

None of the Organic Tea Drinking Brigade would be quite so liberal if a member of their family was brutally assassinated.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If it's protecting the country and its citizens then yes I have no issue

Yes to that, the government has said it will do it again when required. Through intelligence? They knew where these two where so the government could not wait til all the I's were dotted and T's crossed.
these two are/ were fundamental as to why hundreds of thousands are fleeing there country.

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not really clued up on all the politics side of things but if these two were a direct danger to Britain or British people then It's the right thing to do and I'm glad that they're both dead.

gregers

Head Pro
Visit site
lots of discussions on the radio today about all of this,

my take is whats the problem?

as far as im concerned they were no longer citizens of great britain they gave that up as soon as they joined a terrorist organization.
in fact i would go as far to say they have committed treason against our queen and country.

all the liberal do gooders banging on about how terrible it is,

i suppose they would rather the terrorists hit 1st killing innocents around the world then have a cup of tea and discuss how they can make there lives better.:blah:

D

Deleted member 16999

Providing the intelligence is 100% accurate and we can take recognised targets out without the danger to innocent lives then carry on
Very rarely you'll get 100% intelligence, even Saddam had 2-3 look a likes, it's a very intense process and not done without the highest authority,

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very rarely you'll get 100% intelligence, even Saddam had 2-3 look a likes, it's a very intense process and not done without the highest authority,

Granted. However you'd hope the information was checked and rechecked before any authority given. I accept in this type of campaign you have to sometimes act fast and decisively but we don't want to be doing this in a reckless manner and being seen on a world stage to be making gross errors

chippa1909

Head Pro
Visit site
I suppose governments have always done away with their own citizens if they perceive them to be a threat, the Litvenenko poisoning in London being a case in point.
I doubt anyone will miss the jihadis.

Oh, and c1973.. your rhetoric is disgraceful and makes you appear foolish.

C

c1973

I suppose governments have always done away with their own citizens if they perceive them to be a threat, the Litvenenko poisoning in London being a case in point.
I doubt anyone will miss the jihadis.

Oh, and c1973.. your rhetoric is disgraceful and makes you appear foolish.

Your opinion of me is of little import.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched a film recently based on a drone pilot "Good Kill" which gives a pretty realistic view of the operators of these drones.

Personally not a fan of these killing machines and while some targets may be legitimate, others will fall under as “collateral damage.”

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Take them out, and do it again until we are rid IMO

I don't think we'll ever rid the world of these animals, not with drones as the answer. We need an international action force to tackle ISIL and do not stop until they are completely wiped out. We need more strikes, more often with more force. As long as every target is prosecuted successfully we're heading in the right direction.

I'm not really interested in how the human rights of ISIL members are affected for following their beliefs they don't deserve any rights least of all human rights, they are worse than animals, and that is insulting to animals.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Fine (or at least legitimate) by me - if (and only if) what the PM stated is correct. And I believe the Iraq war was illegal.

There is no way approval can be sought from Parliament - and what real additional legitimacy does that give anyway!