scoresaver 2

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
yep , it looks great and just as soon as the people out there writing such software realise that the Apple Macintosh platform is also a potential market for such things I will buy it. Until then........'pants' to the lot of 'em :cool:

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
yep , it looks great and just as soon as the people out there writing such software realise that the Apple Macintosh platform is also a potential market for such things I will buy it. Until then........'pants' to the lot of 'em :cool:

billy my boy, have a look at stats4golf as you may find you get enough out of that, it's web-based and it's free.

I've just started using it and it seems pretty good. PM if you want more details less boring to others!

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
billy my boy, have a look at stats4golf as you may find you get enough out of that, it's web-based and it's free.

I've just started using it and it seems pretty good. PM if you want more details less boring to others!

Thank you Mr. Toon,

i'll check it out and report back accordingly,

bill

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Thanks for the link Toony. Just checked it out and signed up (FOC folks!!!)
A brilliant way of tracking my progress (or not) with a simple, easy to understand bit of software.

AND IT'S FREE!!!! ;)

Thanks again mate, I appreciate it.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Done the deed. Can't quite figure out what the catch is ( until I start getting 7000 e-mails a day asking if I want to buy pills to ,ahem, keep my irons stiff :eek:) but we'll roll with it.

Thanks for the tip TA. Going to pour a Guiness or two and tap in all the info. ready for saturday morning.

Not only has this solved the Mac problem but because it's imap based and not pop based I can top it up on holidays and at the folks place.

(round of applause for The Toon from Bill)

:D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have been beating the scoresaver 2 drum for ages now. Not only does it do what it should and provide stats on 8 key areas but it has a section for recording your practice session and one for recording lessons. An ideal tool for remembering what you learnt on that particular lesson and any key drills.

It also has a useful tool in that you can print your latest stats in a number of different formats to give to you pro asa guide to where your weaknesses are. I give my pro one every 4-5 weeks and we have a chat and then decide if I need a lesson and if so what on.

I understand it is a pain if you are a Mac user but for all those other doubters out there try the freebie download. It is onlky £40 as a one off cost if you decide to invest. I know there are looking to make some upgrades in th efuture too.

It comes with the Homer seal of approval

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I'm sorry NLP, I've perused Scoresaver 2 and although it is a very comprehensive and colourful tool for game improvement I am very loathe to pay £40 (less £5 for the discount) when I can log into a similar software programme (albeit less detailed) completely free.

Thanks for offering your programme.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Done the deed. Can't quite figure out what the catch is ( until I start getting 7000 e-mails a day asking if I want to buy pills to ,ahem, keep my irons stiff :eek:) but we'll roll with it.

Thanks for the tip TA. Going to pour a Guiness or two and tap in all the info. ready for saturday morning.

(round of applause for The Toon from Bill)

:D

You're more than welcome - this is exactly what this forum is about as far as I'm concerned. Glad to have been of service.

As yet, I haven't received a single dodgy email as a result of signing up to them.

Admittedly, this also means they haven't responded to my query - but hey, it is free!

The only thing I would like it to do in addition is the stat for your approach shot like scoresaver does i.e. short/long/left/right of the green. Otherwise, it's got all I need to know and has already shattered a self-imposed myth I had on my driving tendency.

As for the one that gets a mention in this month's GM - poo stinky. If you're going to spend £20 on that - don't, go the extra and pay for scoresaver or pay for the premium version of TG's handicap tracker (I know, sacrilege!)

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been beating the scoresaver 2 drum for ages now. Not only does it do what it should and provide stats on 8 key areas but it has a section for recording your practice session and one for recording lessons. An ideal tool for remembering what you learnt on that particular lesson and any key drills.

I give my pro one every 4-5 weeks and we have a chat and

I

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
"I give my pro one every 4-5 weeks"

I wasn't aware that Scoresaver 2 required you to have such a personal relationship with your pro...

If you are prepared to spend £0, there are lots of free websites and downloads for golf stats software all over the web. If you are prepared to pay for your stats, Scoresaver 2 is the best download and StrokeAverage.com is the best website.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm lovin' the 'eclectic scorecard' feature. Quite an eye opener and incredibly inspiring. Would love to be able to collate the results from everyone on here running the figures from their own course through the engine (say - minimum 10 cards) and seeing just how our 'A' game really stacks up.

To a self confessed golf stat. nerd(and no doubt frustrated accounted) it would make fascinating reading.

On the other hand what it tells me is that i'm frankly completely and utterly rubbish (think along the lines of a loud klaxon going off at Billy G HQ, red warning lights flashing and emergency golf DVD's dropping from the ceiling- type thing) ....but I knew that already didn't I? :(

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
ive currently got the trial version of scoresaver and think its brilliant. Im not 100% sure whether it will actually improve my game, but I will probably purchase it anyway in the hope that it does, and even if it doesn't its a fun piece of kit. Especially when it tells you your birdie conversion rate is the equivalent of a pros ;)

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bought it a couple of weeks ago. It can't improve your game directly but what it does is highlight your strengths and weaknesses. For the cost of a lesson, you know for sure (not think you know) where you need to target practice and it is a useful tool to show your pro if going for lessons.

I have also found that ticking the boxes on the check card on each hole does tend to concentrate the mind.