Saunton Easter open

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

evolve528

Visit site
Just a question on these opens, would it generally be for low handicap players or is it a real mix? Played Saunton once before and it was very very tough in a howling wind and driving rain, but I love North Devon and would love to give it another go now I'm more improved.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I think a lot of them do have handicap limits, but some say that you can play if your HI is higher, but for the results you'll be playing off 18 for example. From what I have seen a lot of the opens are quite inclusive HI wise, but there are then some aimed at the better golfer which are limited to the old CAT1.

D

Deleted member 21258

Just a question on these opens, would it generally be for low handicap players or is it a real mix? Played Saunton once before and it was very very tough in a howling wind and driving rain, but I love North Devon and would love to give it another go now I'm more improved.

Would depend on which open, some are for low handicappers but the opens say what the handicap requirements are.

So for example iirc I think Saunton Easter ones are mid handicap or lower, but their 3 ball opens are mid twenties.

Many are higher, for example I enter mixed opens and handicap allowances go higher. Opens are great fun days, quite a bit cheaper than green fees.

evolve528

Visit site
Thanks chaps, I'll give it a miss for this year certainly but it's an interesting option for when I'm hopefully well into single figures in 2023 :D

evolve528

Visit site
Thats the spirt! I mentioned Bideford Bay Open in July... pairs event. 18 on Saunton East and 18 at R.N.D... really good event.

Now that does sound good, I was thinking of planning a trip this summer to maybe play Saunton and RND (Never played it but "England's oldest course" makes it bucket list for sure) so that event could well be on the agenda next year