Sarah Stirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watching the golf on Sky, and I notice that the lovely Sarah seems to have put a bit of beef on.
She did have a lovely body, but know I can't help thinking she looks a bit chunky. Her legs all over look fuller, as do her arms and chest.
I wonder could she be pregnant ?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching the golf on Sky, and I notice that the lovely Sarah seems to have put a bit of beef on.
She did have a lovely body, but know I can't help thinking she looks a bit chunky. Her legs all over look fuller, as do her arms and chest.
I wonder could she be pregnant ?
Really made me laugh this.
It's almost as though some people don't take women in the media seriously 😂😂😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Really made me laugh this.
It's almost as though some people don't take women in the media seriously 😂😂😂

I reckon the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I think when she was a little younger her appearance will have helped open doors (not that it should be required).

Nowadays she’s settled, respected and a little older she’s likely more confident In herself as a host and feels that she is judged on more than appearance so has probably got comfy (relaxed) in the role and maybe just like when in a relationship and we get comfortable we are all susceptible to a few extra pounds.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Is this really a thread ? I guess I’ll just have a look for the threads talking about Male presenters putting on weight

No wonder ladies struggle at times in the male dominated sports media world
Tbf Phil, whilst I agree that the post is not exactly one that needs to be discussed. I think it would be hard to argue that in the past a woman’s appearance may have played a part in getting a role on sky sports news far more than for the men employed.

I could be wrong, it may only have been attractive women that ever went into sports journalism, but I very much doubt it......

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Tbf Phil, whilst I agree that the post is not exactly one that needs to be discussed. I think it would be hard to argue that in the past a woman’s appearance may have played a part in getting a role on sky sports news far more than for the men employed.

I could be wrong, it may only have been attractive women that ever went into sports journalism, but I very much doubt it......

I actually think Sky are going in the opposite direction now,maybe to prove a point or tick the right boxes.

One of the pundits last night 😖

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I actually think Sky are going in the opposite direction now,maybe to prove a point or tick the right boxes.

One of the pundits last night 😖
Or maybe she really was the best candidate?

I think anyone who claims to have never Given someone attention based solely on their looks is a liar, which is why sometimes I think there can be a little too much outrage by some trying to play the white knight.

That being said, now that people are beginning to be treated equally, too many come out and call it “pc” when in fact it’s equality.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Or maybe she really was the best candidate?

I think anyone who claims to have never Given someone attention based solely on their looks is a liar, which is why sometimes I think there can be a little too much outrage by some trying to play the white knight.

That being said, now that people are beginning to be treated equally, too many come out and call it “pc” when in fact it’s equality.
The other candidates must have been shocking.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As long as she can do the job does it matter. Even when she was looking slimmer on our screens there were those that didn't like her as a presenter and those that did. Personally I think anyone that can hold together a live broadcast and cope when things go well is a decent TV presenter and she's done that a few times. She plays the game so has a knowledge and enthusiasm for the game and I think that does come across when she's talking to the studio guests

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Personally I think some of the male feminists try a bit too hard,probably to make themselves look good.

It’s like a competition sometimes,
who is the most offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.