Casting

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went to the range today, first time I have picked up a club in three weeks. Whilst there I saw one of the worst swings I have seen. Unfortunately it was mine ?
I have had man flu for a couple of weeks on and off. So I needed some fresh air. I turned up at the range and put myself in a bay that you could film yourself. My ball flight has always had a baby fade. It’s a minor miracle looking at my swing that it’s not a slice.
I have had countless PPs tell me I over rotate on the backswing and everything just collapses From the top. The downswing starts in a “ cast” and pardon the pun, but it is downhill from there.
Fortunately I have a driving lesson on the 16th with a freebie chucked in, but looking at my swing. It ain’t a two lesson fix.
It didn’t help getting a phone call half way through me 100 balls to say me dad was looking for me mum. He has dementia and me mum had left him for 5 hours whilst she had her hair and nails done ? The next dozen balls were hit in anger. Anyway.
On a positive, I asked in the club shop to borrow a Ping G425 sft 5 wood with a view to getting rid of my hybrid. It was an absolute thing of beauty. It was going as far as myG410 3 wood and was quite easy to hit. This in itself created more problems than it solved. If it is going as far as my three wood. Would the G425 3 wood be a good bit further than the 3 wood I have. One thinns for sure, there no point in having two clubs in the bag that go the same distance. Oddly enough I had a look at the five wood before I handed it back and it was the 425 Max, not the SFT.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Well my thoughts are with you.

I‘d personally be straight to a golf coach but I came across a video on @TheBigDraw youtube channel on a wrist device called the key which he uses for chipping but I could see it helping you.
Tried clicking on the link but it takes me to a conversation with you ??

D

Deleted member 21445

Well my thoughts are with you.

I‘d personally be straight to a golf coach but I came across a video on @TheBigDraw youtube channel on a wrist device called the key which he uses for chipping but I could see it helping you.

Yes it's a great training aid that can also be used for 3/4 easy swings/hits to help keep the club on the right plane and path.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Could be easier to post on here
Yeup, no problem.
Probably easiest if you upload it to Youtube then send me the link
that could answer why I have struggled for the last 10 mins to load it ???
Bob I don’t have a YouTube account, could I send it via email ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I tee it up right next to the right-hand tee marker. I've yet to hit it or come over the top.
On the range, I use a basket or a headcover.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used to cast the club and had to slow and change my transition to fix it. It can be a problem mentally doing this as our instinct is to hit the ball hard and fast from the top.

The fix for me was to start my forward weight shift before the club had set at the top and then slow the initial drop of the club from the top so that my forward weight transfer allowed me to swish the club through impact. Worked for me and I hope it makes sense as it's difficult to describe.