Ryder Cup Weekend... what you doing?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Wedding Anniversary on Sunday! (wife is a golfer) Let's go out for early Lunch she said so we can watch the singles in the afternoon/evening!

So, crikey, what to do for appropriate lunch? Easy.... have booked a table in the 2010 Clubhouse restaurant at Celtic Manor... seems very appropriate!

Few friends coming round in the evening to watch the golf... playing early Saturday to get back to watch.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Watching a lot of golf and a bit of other sport (NLondon derby mainly, maybe Chelsea City game too)

On Saturday its Macmillan coffee and cake morning at the village pub then they have a family fun day later on, partly to raise funds for a defibrillator, so will be popping there a couple of times at least :)

Sunday Mrs fundy is off to see her family, I havent been invited as the wrong answer might offend haha

Any other spare time will be spent continuing to hack at the jungle of a back garden we have recently acquired!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Friday - playing golf with the father in law for his birthday in the morning, Ryder cup in the afternoon/evening afterwards.

Saturday - medal at my golf club in the morning, Ryder cup in the afternoon/evening afterwards.

Sunday - some sort of Ryder cup themed club pro versus club captain team match at my golf club, Ryder cup in the afternoon/evening afterwards.

If carlsberg did weekends…

However, I’m having to paint the kitchen and decking this week to make up for it and to prevent divorce proceedings!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friday - watch it at home on my own most likely.
Saturday - have one mate coming over to watch it for a few hours with beers, might get another taker but in fairness most of my friends aren't into golf as they're in their late 20s or 30s and don't play it either.
Sunday - watch it at home on my own most likely.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Let’s see, start work at 7am on Friday, finish at 7pm.
saturday, see above,
sunday, see above!

so it’ll be just evening viewing for me….

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm away for the weekend. Didn't realise it was Ryder Cup weekend but that doesn't bother me. I find it all too stressful, ridiculous I know, and missing it is fine with me. I'll follow it online but not live.

gopher99

Visit site
I will be on a beach back home in Rio just in time for the weekend, golf clubs safely packed away for the next 4 months.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
3 round, 2 night golf trip.

Friday - The Oxfordshire
Saturday - Oxford Golf Club
Sunday - The Oxfordshire

Sunday evening back to watch the singles which, after 3 days away, will go down splendidly with domestic management.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Finish work 2.30 Friday.. home, tv on
Finish work 11.45 Saturday...home, tv on
Probably a quick 9 early Sunday, maybe an hour's work then.....home, tv on.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My wife has no interest in golf or any other sport and has booked a weekend away in Windsor to celebrate my recent retirement. Very sweet of her so I may have to rely on my phone for updates!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Friday afternoon, golf with mates.
Saturday morning, golf, 18 hole medal.
Sunday, not much as HID is away all weekend with our daughter to see a show in London.
Will be watching the RC all three evenings.
However, 12 of us should have been going to Belek for a week on Friday. That is now postponed until May next year.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
not much on for me, Lancs Senior ladies championship on sunday is all I have planned, no sky so unless I go to the club, I wont be watching the RC

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing Lee park 9.10 Friday morning with mates, back for a shower, lunch then out about 2.00 down Lark lane or into town for many, many beers.

10.00 pm Friday night, decide whether to cancel the Saturday morning sweep time, if well hungover, after walking the dog. Watch the RC in the afternoon, watch the reds at 5.30, maybe the RC on the phone at the same time.

Sunday - If I can't get a partner for a pairs comp, will just chill and watch the singles.

Grand.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mrs d and myself will be watching it all.

No doubt there’ll be a fight over who goes to fridge to refill the glasses

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Staying away for a few days this weekend plus golf on Saturday and Monday

Time difference makes it harder to watch US based golf but I've downloaded the TV app I need and tested it today so I'll get a mix of live and catch up on the small screen every day