Ryder Cup Weekend... what you doing?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Sat, Sun and Mon watching the BBC 2-hour highlights prog of the previous day's play at my own time of choosing on catch-up using fast-forward from time-to-time.

Playing golf Fri and Sat mornings then not again until Tuesday (see Arrange a Game thread)

D

Deleted member 1147

Titleist driver fitting on Friday afternoon, then watching golf.

Playing Sherwood Forest on Saturday, then watching golf.

Watching golf all Sunday.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve got Friday afternoon off work to watch, Saturday morning I’ll be on Dad taxi duties in the morning, before golf all afternoon/evening. Sunday will be family time before I settle in for the singles - I’m lucky that my wife knows how much I love the event, (she did re-arrange our honeymoon so I could go to Medinah!), so sorts it so I can watch it all.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Well I'm not buying any Ryder Cup clothing that's for sure ....

Heading to Wales tomorrow morning, playing Pennard, then watching golf with the boys and beer. Friday, playing Machynys, then watching golf with the boys and beer. Saturday, golf in Chipping Norton, then watching golf with the boys and beer. Sunday, golf in Chipping Norton and a quick drive home to watch the golf with Mrs Wedge and beer.......

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Friday - pumping up 34 footballs in the build-up, enjoy four hours of peace, pick up kids, stuff pasta into them while I try and watch the climax of the foursomes before mood improves when wife gets home to sort bedtime
Saturday - running football for 34 U7s while obsessing about the foursomes order, wife taking kids to Liverpool for afternoon, may well be the highlight of 2021
Sunday - have a 60th birthday lunch of my wife's former colleague at work where I will know two people; one golf bore and and the other I don't even know what they do. Will be clock-watching and not trying very hard socially from 1500 as my mind turns towards what hopefully will be another famous European Sunday

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Friday - watch it at home on my own most likely.
Saturday - have one mate coming over to watch it for a few hours with beers, might get another taker but in fairness most of my friends aren't into golf as they're in their late 20s or 30s and don't play it either.
Sunday - watch it at home on my own most likely.
:(
That's a shame, maybe it's easier in Scotland where so many play (it shocked me when I moved to the IoM and nobody at work golfed), but I now (in my 50s) really don't have any close friends who are not golfers, it takes up so much of my time and interest that I'm not much interested in other stuff

4LEX

Visit site
Friday - Golf then Ryder Cup evening session
Saturday - Football then Ryder Cup
Sunday - Brunch, long walk then football before settling down to the singles with plenty of beverages (y)

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Friday - working at home today. Beers are in the fridge ready for me logging off at 1pm. Daughter is coincidentally sleeping out and wife is out for a meal. Fell perfectly.

Saturday - Great day of sport. Early tee booked, home for 12. Setting two tv’s up for the day. Middlesbrough kick off at 12.30 so will be watching alongside the golf. Later on, friends are round for drinks/takeaway and the Joshua fight, with the golf alongside.

Sunday - Charity Ryder Cup comp at the club, representing team Europe. Few pints after. Home in plenty of time for the singles.

Monday - off work.

Swango1980

Visit site
Booked a half day today, bought the snack shopping last night. So, leave work at lunch and TV will be on for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow morning, play golf, home and TV on (with football / F1 qualifying on ipad)

Sunday morning, basically exactly the same as Saturday, except change "qualifying" to "race"

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Home today, beer, wine and Ryder Cup on the sofa.
Saturday, playing football am then sofa for the afternoon games, local pub with a mate for a couple of hours ryder Cup viewing, another local pub to watch a band until 9 then home to finish watching the golf.
Sunday, playing golf in the morning then cuddling the sofa for the rest of the day with beer and wine and Ryder Cup.
Got Monday booked off work ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If the Americans start well and are leading on Sunday, I'll probably not watch any of it.
There's only one thing worse than a smug US Ryder Cup team winning in America, and that's a smug US Ryder Cup crowd winning in America.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If it carries on like this, I’ll be finding plenty of other things to occupy my time.

The Europeans are playing some very, very poor golf. I can’t be alone in thinking it all seems very flat for a Ryder Cup.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I've paid for Sky Sports for a month so I can park myself on the sofa for most of the weekend.
Have managed to get the wife interested in the build-up so she'll join me in my laziness.
Singles don't start until tea time on Sunday so playing first round at new club in the morning.