Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
SA loosehead looked like on more than one occasion to turn the hips out and drive inside and Sinckler was pinged.
Couldn't see what Genge did wrong at the last scrum and England should have had scrum penalty in the SA 22 a bit before.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
World rugby need to sort out the number of medic coming on, it was a joke tonight.
SA are the worst offenders.
May as well give them a laptop rather than a medical bag to bring on.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
SA loosehead looked like on more than one occasion to turn the hips out and drive inside and Sinckler was pinged.
Couldn't see what Genge did wrong at the last scrum and England should have had scrum penalty in the SA 22 a bit before.
Classic tight head play. Boring in to the hooker, dragging the England loose head with him.
O’Keefe was completely taken in, even though George kept telliing him that the front row was stepping sideways.
All he saw was England loose head apparently not pushing straight.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t watch much rugby and now I know why. Wrestling, with a funny shaped ball involved. Get the ball, then kick it straight back to the other team❓I’m sure tactics are involved, but I just don’t get it.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
I caveat what I'm about to say with 'unless they have some sort of physical/mental hangover from the France game', but I think SA could beat us any which way they want to be perfectly honest:
- They will almost certainly do us in the scrum, might take until their replacements come on but they will.
- Their breakdown skills last night were insane, particularly considering the speed France were playing at, they will have no problem with our pace of play.
- They aren't the one-trick, forwards-only ponies of 10 years ago, rapid pace on the wings, creativity in De Allende, Kriel and FDK. They could go wide and we'll struggle to cope
- Their blitz and scramble defense is super impressive, haven't seen any weaknesses in the air, we're going to have to work hard to get over the gain line. Every. Single. Set.

.................we might cause them an issue or two in the lineout?

Parts of this aged well, others less so! I definitely wrote it thinking we would lose by about 15 so wrong there but scrum and line out predictions accurate.

Disappointing to see ‘home’ nations gloating in England losing by a point but not unexpected. I’d be pretty bitter too if I’d been unable to lay a glove on Ireland or lost to a poor Arg side we beat with 14 men.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Keep it coming. The bitterness grows the more England get success. Love it...

I was surprised how we competed and very proud of our boys - they put in an almighty shift and scared the living daylights out of SA.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Taking all the national bias out ,last nights compared to games we've seen.at this WC was poor..Yes the rain and the fact it was semi final probably didn't help but still a poor game . Apart from SA try the Try line was not threatened at all

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You don't know what he might have planned, but then your bitterness would probably stop you from seeing anything other than a total anti English view.
I will look forward to taking the "anyone but the Scots" view in future.
Rubbish.
Take off your rose tinted glasses and that was a very poor game from two very ordinary teams [on the night]
Around the world TV's would have been turned over long before the end of that bore fest.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah it was a poor game of rugby, like waytching the crazy gang play football. I thought the idea was to try and score a try, it's all about the try something we never tried.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Keep it coming. The bitterness grows the more England get success. Love it...

I was surprised how we competed and very proud of our boys - they put in an almighty shift and scared the living daylights out of SA.
England havent had any success for a while now though. It’s been 20 years since they won anything.