Royal Cinque Ports - Monday 22nd Feb 2016

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Smiffy wasn't best please last year no and my brolley ended up somewhere in France by the end of the round!

It only hailed for one hole last time. :eek:oo: Still have memories of Topoftheflop chasing after his brolley which was heading out to sea. Smiffy didn't look very happy from memory.:mmm:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Serious cold/flu at the moment. Feel like death warmed up, can hardly walk let alone anything else.
Hope it clears before next week...
:mad:
Mine has lasted two weeks so far Rob.:mad: Barking like a good un, which should come in handy when the opposition are putting.:whistle:

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Right, here you are. Despite a strong push from Richart to be out in a group of 1, the draw is below. I don't have any pets so this one was all drawn by me, and as the RSG draw was done first I did tweak it slightly so that anyone playing both days has different playing partners on both days:

12:00
Swingalot
Smiffy
Oxfordcomma
TopOfTheFlop

12:10
Pieman
Blue in Munich
Dando
Fish

12:20
Liverpoolphil
therod
Craggles89
Wookie

12:30
Richart
murphthemog
Blundell
Sainthacker

I've spoken to RCP this week and confirmed all of the details. Arrival before 11am please because food (full breakfast) is booked for 11:00 which gives us time to eat at a leisurely pace, change shoes and have a quick putt before going out. Clean & dry golf clothing is fine in the bar both before & after but it isn't a spike bar so no golf shoes (they do specify smart shoes). Nothing special in their dress code so Adizero away, if that's your choice of golf shoe, please do note though that "For gentlemen, shorts must be accompanied by the wearing of knee length socks." :D

Quite a few people have paid in full but for those that haven't, the second £32.50 is payable in cash on the day and try to have the £2.50 in change please. I'll learn from that one and make the deposits/final payments round numbers next time!

I suggest a small amount to add a competitive edge, how would people feel about £5 in, paying first, second, front & back? Too much, or OK? We could just do £/£/£ instead.

See you all on Monday! Looking forward to this one a lot, I loved this course last time. The various weather sites disagree about whether or not we'll get showers but they all agree it'll be relatively mild and a bit breezy. Layers are probably the answer, Fish will be along in a minute to recommend a well-known clothing firm ;).

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well done Ben, I shall be sporting my various layering Galvin Green outfits, signed photos will be available 👍😎🏌⛳️

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Excited!
Smiffy try not to cough all over the tee box when we're there!!!
Good luck if he keels over, and you have to give mouth to mouth.:eek:

Any ideas on the best route M2 or M20 ? Seem about the same in time and distance, but not sure which will be busier on a Monday morning. SatNav tries to avoid M20 but it can't be trusted.;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Right, here you are. Despite a strong push from Richart to be out in a group of 1, the draw is below. I don't have any pets so this one was all drawn by me, and as the RSG draw was done first I did tweak it slightly so that anyone playing both days has different playing partners on both days:

12:00
Swingalot
Smiffy
Oxfordcomma
TopOfTheFlop

12:10
Pieman
Blue in Munich
Dando
Fish

12:20
Liverpoolphil
therod
Craggles89
Wookie

12:30
Richart
murphthemog
Blundell
Sainthacker

I've spoken to RCP this week and confirmed all of the details. Arrival before 11am please because food (full breakfast) is booked for 11:00 which gives us time to eat at a leisurely pace, change shoes and have a quick putt before going out. Clean & dry golf clothing is fine in the bar both before & after but it isn't a spike bar so no golf shoes (they do specify smart shoes). Nothing special in their dress code so Adizero away, if that's your choice of golf shoe, please do note though that "For gentlemen, shorts must be accompanied by the wearing of knee length socks." :D

Quite a few people have paid in full but for those that haven't, the second £32.50 is payable in cash on the day and try to have the £2.50 in change please. I'll learn from that one and make the deposits/final payments round numbers next time!

I suggest a small amount to add a competitive edge, how would people feel about £5 in, paying first, second, front & back? Too much, or OK? We could just do £/£/£ instead.

See you all on Monday! Looking forward to this one a lot, I loved this course last time. The various weather sites disagree about whether or not we'll get showers but they all agree it'll be relatively mild and a bit breezy. Layers are probably the answer, Fish will be along in a minute to recommend a well-known clothing firm ;).

Good work

Me and therod playing together on both day :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Any ideas on the best route M2 or M20 ? Seem about the same in time and distance, but not sure which will be busier on a Monday morning. SatNav tries to avoid M20 but it can't be trusted.;)

If I choose the M1/M25 it tells me the M2, if I choose M40/M25 it tells me the M20, both are the same time and mileage, I'd favour the M40 for me but like you, that last choice between the M2 or M20 could be s critical choice 🤔

D

Deleted member 1418

Cheers Ben; very happy with my playing partners :thup: Although if Dando isn't a Chelsea fan he's in for a long afternoon!!!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I

From West use the m26, then m20 (so basically get off m25 ASAP), then cut across from m20 to m2 using the a249.