Roll Back Discussion

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't say I'm a fan myself - and no doubt the mfrs will very quickly work some technology into the new regs that negate any rule changes implemented.

It's a lot simpler just to ditch the concept of par - especially for the pro's.
But how would we know who's winning? Some sort of average shots taken per hole metric?? 🤔

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Persimmon or laminates only seems to be the smart money, with some indications thats coming from a confirmed leak. Seen as more environmentally friendly, lower carbon burden, and less toxic production by-products.
Golf under pressure from the pesticides, fertiliser, and water consumption front. This is at least a step to redress some of the high environmental cost of our rich man's hobby.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Roll back?

Rick Shiels took a brand new 20 year old Titleist professional 90 and tested it on GC quad vs a new prov1.

Driver was 6 or 8 yards shorter
7i was 3 or 4 yards shorter
SW was 1 yard shorter.

Won’t make a blind bit of difference for me. Also have to take into account that the 20 year old ball has probably degraded a bit.

It’s not the equipment, tiger was crushing it 300 yards in his early days. Golfers are just athletes now instead of being overweight smokers…

I use these balls 🤣🤣
Got 12 boxes for £50 from an ex caddy (well his ex wife 😂)
Decent enough ball for me 😀

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Persimmon or laminates only seems to be the smart money, with some indications thats coming from a confirmed leak. Seen as more environmentally friendly, lower carbon burden, and less toxic production by-products.
Golf under pressure from the pesticides, fertiliser, and water consumption front. This is at least a step to redress some of the high environmental cost of our rich man's hobby.
What ! Cutting down trees to make woods isn’t very environmentally friendly.:eek:

get rid of yardage books and all aids for yardage . Use your eyes It’s a skill in itself..
might be a thread here . What we would like banned?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Turbulators are being banned as they have proven so beneficial and now that all the other manufacturers are copying them they have to stop them before driving becomes to easy. Oh wait...

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If they do roll back what is the reason for it ? Courses aren’t being destroyed by length up and down the country and all over the world

Big scores aren’t being seen that’s any different to 20 years ago

So what if some people hit it further 😂 what should it matter

Hitting it further means faff all of you can’t find it!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Rolling back won’t make any difference. The long hitters will still be long hitters. It will probably just give them even more of an advantage.

Pros are just stronger and faster than they used to be.