Robert Rock

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious there isn’t a cooler golfer on the planet. Layered up and wet through he still manages to carry it off. All things crossed he wins tomorrow

D

Deleted member 1147

Is any golfer “cool”? After all we all dress badly and play golf. Neither of which is cool ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure golfers are cool but Jimenez's approach has to be close to it. Thought Rock played well today but I'd put it more in the grinding category than cool. Would love to have seen Jimenez's hair in all that rain. Could have resembled Hair Bear

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Gives him bragging rights when coaching his players. Shows it’s not that hard on the limited appearances he makes these days on the ET. Regularly seems to have good rounds still.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The first pro tournament I went to was The Jonnie Walker Classic at Gleneagles. Throughout the day the golfers studiously avoided making eye contact or acknowledging anyone in the crowd. There was one par 5 pushed back from the normal tee that could barely cope with anyone around it. It was a good vantage point to watch them really unleash so about 4 of us stood behind the sponsors board at that tee. Each golfer walked back, looked through each of us, hit their shots, walked away. Rock walked towards the tee, big beaming smile. "Hello lads, having a good day?" He hit a cracking drive and as his group walked away he turned back and said "enjoy the rest of your day". Really simple bit of interaction but lifted all of us.

I'm with the OP, he is a top man who seems to be very grounded and enjoys his job.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
The first pro tournament I went to was The Jonnie Walker Classic at Gleneagles. Throughout the day the golfers studiously avoided making eye contact or acknowledging anyone in the crowd. There was one par 5 pushed back from the normal tee that could barely cope with anyone around it. It was a good vantage point to watch them really unleash so about 4 of us stood behind the sponsors board at that tee. Each golfer walked back, looked through each of us, hit their shots, walked away. Rock walked towards the tee, big beaming smile. "Hello lads, having a good day?" He hit a cracking drive and as his group walked away he turned back and said "enjoy the rest of your day". Really simple bit of interaction but lifted all of us.

I'm with the OP, he is a top man who seems to be very grounded and enjoys his job.

This genuinely warms my soul. Think he’s very normal and is a world away from some of his peers