RickG Memorial Trophy Day (Coventry Golf Club)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Robin I'm not sure about getting ahead of our tee times if we are playing 4 balls at 8 minute intervals. We use 10 minute intervals for 3 balls in our medals and the course flows much better when spaced out a bit more. I would suggest that if at all possible the times are increased to 10 minute gaps :thup:

All our comps are 8 minutes, it works fine, it’s a generous par 5 start, even with the odd slice or hook, it never really runs late, if it does, it soon rights itself.

The tee times are now submitted so the members are aware of how long the 1st tee has been booked for, it is what it is now.

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Robin I'm not sure about getting ahead of our tee times if we are playing 4 balls at 8 minute intervals. We use 10 minute intervals for 3 balls in our medals and the course flows much better when spaced out a bit more. I would suggest that if at all possible the times are increased to 10 minute gaps :thup:

The gap should be the time it takes to play the shortest hole, in our case it is the 2nd which, as a 3 ball, should take 10 mins. Therefore we set tee intervals at 10 mins for medals - works a treat, rounds are usually in the area of 4 hrs with a stop at the half way hut.

Fish, Who from the club is in my group? Started off with the Captain, next was the pro as Captain had other duties to perform, now back to the Captain.....confused.com! :)

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The gap should be the time it takes to play the shortest hole, in our case it is the 2nd which, as a 3 ball, should take 10 mins. Therefore we set tee intervals at 10 mins for medals - works a treat, rounds are usually in the area of 4 hrs with a stop at the half way hut.

Fish, Who from the club is in my group? Started off with the Captain, next was the pro as Captain had other duties to perform, now back to the Captain.....confused.com! :)

It’s not the captain, it will be either the Pro or our assistant Pro, which depends on how he does in the Euro Pro, I simply cut & pasted an older list, that’s all.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right all, the old firm, the Ashes, Rocky vs Drago all pale into insignificance in this titanic battle. Cast, as follows:-

North

1.Bluewolf (Herr Oberstamfuhrer)
2Liverbirdie
3.Junior
4.NWJocko
5.Wrighty1874
6.GregBWFC
7.Birchy
8.LpoolPhil
9.StuC

Sarf

1.D4S (Corporal Pike)
2.Fish
3.Fragger
4.Jobr1850
5.PNWokingham
6.GG26
7.Richart
8.Imurg

Floaters:-

Old skier
Capt Ron
Rosecott

It would be nice to get a 12 a side, so come on lets hear from you.

I think most/all northerners have signed up so will keep the floaters floating for now, in case we get a few more, and if we get an influx of southerners, may put Midlanders in with us.

£10 in per person - if your team wins you get massive bragging rights and a £10 beer token, if you lose, prepare for pelters!!!!

All in a good cause.:thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Right then southerners, we have 3 nights of hard training then we kick ass!

Start on half pints of shandy and build it up from there :thup:

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Born South of Watford Gap so count me in...
Right all, the old firm, the Ashes, Rocky vs Drago all pale into insignificance in this titanic battle. Cast, as follows:-

North

1.Bluewolf (Herr Oberstamfuhrer)
2Liverbirdie
3.Junior
4.NWJocko
5.Wrighty1874
6.GregBWFC
7.Birchy
8.LpoolPhil
9.StuC

Sarf

1.D4S (Corporal Pike)
2.Fish
3.Fragger
4.Jobr1850
5.PNWokingham
6.GG26
7.Richart
8.Imurg

Old skier
Capt Ron
Rosecott

I think most/all northerners have signed up so will keep the floaters floating for now, in case we get a few more, and if we get an influx of southerners, may put Midlanders in with us.

£10 in per person - if your team wins you get massive bragging rights and a £10 beer token, if you lose, prepare for pelters!!!!

All in a good cause.:thup:

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
We've booked the day off so it will take as long as it takes. Leave poor old Fish alone until Friday on the 1st Tee, then we can really screw up his round :rofl:
All our comps are 8 minutes, it works fine, it’s a generous par 5 start, even with the odd slice or hook, it never really runs late, if it does, it soon rights itself.

The tee times are now submitted so the members are aware of how long the 1st tee has been booked for, it is what it is now.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It's alright he'll go off like a train, lose it in the middle and then rump home to finish mid field :p

I'm working on some different tactics, I trialed them on Sunday with Gary (Region3) and started like a knob, played OK in the middle, then still romped home, why can't we play just 12 holes, I'd be a Cat 1 :smirk:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm working on some different tactics, I trialed them on Sunday with Gary (Region3) and started like a knob, played OK in the middle, then still romped home, why can't we play just 12 holes, I'd be a Cat 1 :smirk:

More like the 0.1 cat.

Miiiaaaaoooowwww.:ears:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You could start the first '9-Hole Golf Meet'...…. more time for Curry & drinking... what its all about anyway.. thought you'd have come up with it already!! :rofl::rofl:

Sorry I'm not there... have a great day everyone ….. &.... Well done Robin!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’ve arranged with the kitchen that bacon rolls & coffee will be available from 9am, plus, the kitchen can do full (small & mega) breakfasts from that time also.

Any food other than the bacon rolls will be cash over the bar, there is no discount though for the bacon roll if not taken as that was all in the package price that I’ve paid five and subsidised.

How many non-playing partners of players are coming?

Do they want to eat afterwards with us all pre the speeches & presentations ?

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

North

1.Bluewolf (Herr Oberstamfuhrer) 9
2Liverbirdie 6
3.Junior 6
4.NWJocko 5
5.Wrighty1874 **
6.GregBWFC 12
8.LpoolPhil 5
9.StuC 17
10. Crow **

Sarf

1.D4S (Corporal Pike) 6
2.Fish 17?
3.Fragger loads?
4.Jobr1850
5.PNWokingham 12?
6.GG26
7.Richart 12
8.Imurg 6?
9. Radbourne2010 5 ?

Old skier ?
Capt Ron 12?
Rosecott ?

All in a good cause.
** If people can ideally advise/confirm their handicaps, After that I'll allocate the floaters a team to try and even out handicaps.**

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Handicap

North

1.Bluewolf (Herr Oberstamfuhrer) 9
2Liverbirdie 6
3.Junior 6
4.NWJocko 5
5.Wrighty1874 **
6.GregBWFC 12
8.LpoolPhil 5
9.StuC 17
10. Crow **

Sarf

1.D4S (Corporal Pike) 6
2.Fish 17?
3.Fragger loads?
4.Jobr1850
5.PNWokingham 12?
6.GG26
7.Richart 12
8.Imurg 6?
9. Radbourne2010 5 ?

Old skier ?
Capt Ron 12?
Rosecott ?

** If people can ideally advise/confirm their handicaps, After that I'll allocate the floaters a team to try and even out handicaps.**

Old Skier. HC 20