RickG Memorial Trophy Day (Coventry Golf Club)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right all, the old firm, the Ashes, Rocky vs Drago all pale into insignificance in this titanic battle. Cast, as follows:-

North

1.Bluewolf (Herr Oberstamfuhrer)
2Liverbirdie
3.Junior
4.NWJocko
5.Wrighty1874
6.GregBWFC
7.Birchy
8.LpoolPhil
9.StuC

Sarf

1.D4S (Corporal Pike)
2.Fish
3.Fragger
4.Jobr1850
5.PNWokingham
6.GG26
7.Richart
8.Imurg

Floaters:-

Old skier
Capt Ron
Rosecott

It would be nice to get a 12 a side, so come on lets hear from you.

I think most/all northerners have signed up so will keep the floaters floating for now, in case we get a few more, and if we get an influx of southerners, may put Midlanders in with us.

£10 in per person - if your team wins you get massive bragging rights and a £10 beer token, if you lose, prepare for pelters!!!!

All in a good cause.:thup:

Late comer here,

Born South London, now reside in Brighton on the South Coast so I think I'm qualified for South!

Playing off 22 - you need a high capper to get all those points!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
** Updated **

Right all, the old firm, the Ashes, Rocky vs Drago all pale into insignificance in this titanic battle. Cast, as follows:-

North

1.Bluewolf (Herr Oberstamfuhrer) 9
2Liverbirdie 6
3.Junior 6
4.NWJocko 5
5.Wrighty1874 **
6.GregBWFC 12
8.LpoolPhil 5
9.StuC 17
10. Crow 13
11. Old Skier 20
12. Rosecott 16

Sarf

1.D4S (Corporal Pike) 6
2.Fish 16
3.Fragger 21
4.Jobr1850 15
5.PNWokingham 12?
6.GG26 - 23
7.Richart 12
8.Imurg 8
9. Radbourne2010 5
10.Wookie
11. Captain Ron 13
12. MikeH 10

£10 in per person - if your team wins you get massive bragging rights and a £10 beer token, if you lose, prepare for pelters!!!!

All in a good cause.

There seemed to be a common theme amongst the southerners, so I took two of the high handicap floaters for team North, to even out the handicaps a bit.
:whistle: Obviously, conditions will favour them with the number of shots available to them, no wind seeing as were in the middle of the country, and no doubt they will grind us down by getting us to look for their balls all day.:whoo:

As it stands its 12 a side, so we'll pick the best 9 scores from each side, total them up and best total wins. I dont need handicaps advised any more, as the stableford score will take care of it all now, it was more for picking the teams.

If there wasnt such an artificial construct as handicap stableford we would win by a street, so in the event of a draw, Cabby's opinion will be final.
:cool:

Actually, it will then be sudden death - 10th best score vs 10th best score etc, until its decided.

Unless we get another few more in the next 24 hours, we'll leave teams as above, but the window will slam shut at 8pm tomorrow night.

If people can try and get the payments to D4S and myself ideally before tee offs, or in the bar afterwards, please.

Enjoy, and well done Robin, hope the whole day goes well for you, and hope we raise some good funds for the charity and it also gives Karen and family immense pride.
:thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Enjoy, and well done Robin, hope the whole day goes well for you, and hope we raise some good funds for the charity and it also gives Karen and family immense pride.

I will, after all, it’s just a game of golf 😜

As for pride, Karen, Jodie and myself are overwhelmed with pride and are suitable chuffed that so many people from across the country are paying their respects to get together for someone who was simply a ‘top bloke’ and is sadly missed.

#ShineOnRick

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I will, after all, it’s just a game of golf 

As for pride, Karen, Jodie and myself are overwhelmed with pride and are suitable chuffed that so many people from across the country are paying their respects to get together for someone who was simply a ‘top bloke’ and is sadly missed.

#ShineOnRick

Hear, hear on that - people coming from far and wide, a great testament to the man.

I wonder what team he would have been on.....;)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Pete, I see golfmmad has put himself forward for this, if you want to make it 13 a side I'll go in as well. Normally suffer a nosebleed at the mention of Watford, never mind actually going north of it.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Pete, I see golfmmad has put himself forward for this, if you want to make it 13 a side I'll go in as well. Normally suffer a nosebleed at the mention of Watford, never mind actually going north of it.

So that 2 outright southerners meaning Cam has to go north 😜😂😂

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've just looked at my team.

Is the transfer window still open? :whistle:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've just looked at my team.

Is the transfer window still open? :whistle:

We’ve got a lot of rain this morning, the semi is now starting to grow again, it’s been great having everything so short as finding balls just off the fairways has been quick & easy with the ability to take full shots on, the course is returning daily and although it’s still a bit scorched here and there, especially where drainage lines have exposed themselves, it’s getting greener and slower running daily due to some welcome growth, although patchy.

The short accurate hitters are still enjoying the conditions so I think your team is ok, I’ve warned all the squirrels about Cam, there going to Kenilworth for the day to steal their nuts and come back when he’s gone 😜😂 🐿🐿

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will, after all, it’s just a game of golf 😜

#ShineOnRick

Well said