Review: Middlesbrough Municipal / Ross Jackson Golf

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just wanted to feedback for the fitter geeks on here. Just a had a putter fitting with these guys yesterday and bizarrely my mate turned up for his driver fitting!

Mine was a two hour fitting and I was amazed it took the full slot, it was so detailed. It was really interesting how different clubheads and necks can massively affect alignment and consistency. Even the dots and lines they can add can massively change this!

I spoke to my mate later and he also couldn’t believe how detailed it was for his driver and this is a guy who’s been to the callaway fitting centre.

I’ve had a few decent fitting experiences but this one was definitely one of the top ones!

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Just a word of warning from my experience, the edels used to have a 'toe up' design. For my particular putter, that meant for all the time spent doing visual checks and alignment marks, the design of the putter put the sweetspot about half an inch into the heel, nowhere near the alignment mark...

Definitely check when you pick it up...

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just a word of warning from my experience, the edels used to have a 'toe up' design. For my particular putter, that meant for all the time spent doing visual checks and alignment marks, the design of the putter put the sweetspot about half an inch into the heel, nowhere near the alignment mark...

Definitely check when you pick it up...
Will definitely check thanks but with my putting style, a bias toward the heel is probably a good thing.

Teebs

Visit site
Hi, could you give an approx cost for the fitting and putter? Any info would be really helpful..

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi, could you give an approx cost for the fitting and putter? Any info would be really helpful..
It was £50 and lasts up to 2hrs. It’s not discounted off any purchase like some places do. So you have the option of taking the spec elsewhere or buying with them. Benefit of buying with them is that they’ll check it when you come back to collect (yet to collect mine so can’t feedback yet).

if going for a more popular branded putter I’d expect the fitting to be similar with the mirrors etc but I’d be specific in mentioning what you’d want to try.

they also have Sam putt lab tech there too but again I would specify if you want that used in the fitting.

They’re really friendly guys with a fair bit of experience considering they are early 20s in age I suspect. Their experience is listed on their website.

I was pleased with the fit but I also know 4 people personally who’ve been there. 2 for putter fitting who were really happy also. 1 for a driver who has just collected and really pleased. 1 who bought a hybrid a while back but didn’t come at the right loft and the claim was it wasn’t specified. I didn’t dig deeper but a bit of buyer beware on checking order confirmation and club on collection. Nowhere is perfect in my experience though.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Cheers. Looks to be a good option for me as I'm left eye dominant and right handed..
I think the Edel fitting in particular may suit you then. The lines that go on top are fitted to your perception and it’s amazing who they change your aim. Amongst the other checks it will get you as close to your best set up but again, mention that to the guy. Lewis is who fit me and he has 5 years experience fitting Edel putters.

Teebs

Visit site
I think the Edel fitting in particular may suit you then. The lines that go on top are fitted to your perception and it’s amazing who they change your aim. Amongst the other checks it will get you as close to your best set up but again, mention that to the guy. Lewis is who fit me and he has 5 years experience fitting Edel putters.

Thanks, that might be what clinches it for me. I have a real struggle with alignment - I even purchased the Callaway triple track balls, lined them up to the centre of the hole (flat putt - from behind) and over the ball it looks miles off...

I think something custom with the alignment suited to my eyes would / could work...

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks, that might be what clinches it for me. I have a real struggle with alignment - I even purchased the Callaway triple track balls, lined them up to the centre of the hole (flat putt - from behind) and over the ball it looks miles off...

I think something custom with the alignment suited to my eyes would / could work...

This could be a set up issue too, eyes too far inside or outside the line... worth asking the fitter/pro to check that...

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

It certainly sounds like worth the £50 trying mate. Basically the price of an hour’s lesson which wouldn’t fix the issue.

Bobthesock

Visit site
Is putter fitting really a thing? I just took a few I liked the look of onto the practice green. The wand chooses the wizard and that. Can't say I have ever looked back either

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Is putter fitting really a thing? I just took a few I liked the look of onto the practice green. The wand chooses the wizard and that. Can't say I have ever looked back either
Absolutely! How many times have you been to a shop and rolled in putt after putt? All sorts of tricks can be used from slightly bigger holes to slightly sunken holes drawing the ball in.

When I picked my scotty it was very much how you described it (I do actually call it a sword in the stone moment) but having had it measured up in the fitting it was way off what I need.

I would agree I’m also after a new toy but you’d be amazed the difference it made to my week areas on the outdoor practice green.

I think it was Bob Rotella who said putting yips should be a thing of the past as there are so many styles of putters and grips out there, that’s there’s a fix for everyone. There’s no harm in having some basic science factored into that choice.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Picked my putter up this week which was quite quick from the states. It came with the wrong head cover which the shop confirmed they were already onto but otherwise all the configuration was correct.

It’s honeymoon period but the Edel putter itself is amazing. I can’t overstate how much my line has improved with it. The only thing I need to work on is my distance control as I was on fast rolling greens and lagging to the hole more than I would like. The face rolls the ball so much better than my Scotty so I’m just presently worried about massively over hitting it.

2 games in and 2 matches won due to my putting so all happy so far 🙂

Teebs

Visit site
Picked my putter up this week which was quite quick from the states. It came with the wrong head cover which the shop confirmed they were already onto but otherwise all the configuration was correct.

It’s honeymoon period but the Edel putter itself is amazing. I can’t overstate how much my line has improved with it. The only thing I need to work on is my distance control as I was on fast rolling greens and lagging to the hole more than I would like. The face rolls the ball so much better than my Scotty so I’m just presently worried about massively over hitting it.

2 games in and 2 matches won due to my putting so all happy so far 🙂

Nice! I've messaged them and will pop in at some point. I have discovered something which has potentially 'fixed' my putting alignment issues but will still have a look..