Return to Golf in Scotland

TazDaz

Visit site
I moved to Falkirk in March just in time to sit in the house/garden for a couple of months.

Now have the dilemma of whether to join a course or not after itching to get back to golf after a year out.

I've had a look at a couple of courses and like the look of Dullatur. Just anxious I'll end up playing on my own as the usual way of meeting/joining a group won't be possible!

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I moved to Falkirk in March just in time to sit in the house/garden for a couple of months.

Now have the dilemma of whether to join a course or not after itching to get back to golf after a year out.

I've had a look at a couple of courses and like the look of Dullatur. Just anxious I'll end up playing on my own as the usual way of meeting/joining a group won't be possible!

I'm a member at Dullatur and involved in 2 WhatsApp groups with about 20 guys total btw both groups. Drop me a PM and I can ensure you can get hooked up with some folks for a game.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For those unsure about the 5 mile travel guidance and if clubs should police it there is some explanation in this FAQ web page.
This might help people make a decision to travel to their club or not.

https://scottishgolf.org/frequently...and-golfers-on-returning-to-golf-in-scotland/

Ok so this still does not make it clear whether we can or cannot travel more than 5 miles to your club

Is it completely down to your own personal choice or have we not to travel if the club is say 15 miles away instead of 5?

Needs to be clarified with either a straight yes or no to being able to travel over the 5 mile guidance.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Out at 9.30am on Friday, went for a walk on the course today and it was rammed with others (mainly non golfers I'd say) out for a walk - could be interesting on Friday :eek:.

After we reopened we had walkers all over the place. Our Sec put some really great (and friendly) signs up to explain the "golf was back so please keep to foot paths." Some were fine and some were right wombats, but it was sensitively handled and seems to have gone by without too much of a problem!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ok so this still does not make it clear whether we can or cannot travel more than 5 miles to your club

Is it completely down to your own personal choice or have we not to travel if the club is say 15 miles away instead of 5?

Needs to be clarified with either a straight yes or no to being able to travel over the 5 mile guidance.
I'm outside 5 miles for Nairn an got a time, no one has questioned, even had a email from the sec about something else and he didn't mention anything and even said enjoy your round on Sat!
one of my mates who a Dornoch Members says they have conflicting info and the club don't seem to know, i'd imagine most of their members would be outside 5 miles

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site

Perhaps we'll get more clarification tomorrow if and when NS finally gives us the go ahead.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

NS already said something along the lines of be sensible and use judgement.

If you're not comfortable then don't travel. If they said yes or no, who would police it? I think the guidance is sensible myself.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We're being asked to reconsider any bookings until such a time as the guidance changes if travelling more than 5 miles.

Not sure how or if it if will get enforced. I'm 7.8 miles but having considered it I'm not going to bother with golf for a bit longer and I'll let the initial rush subside. I'm much more desperate to go back to the hills walking and biking with the family so hopefully some good news from Sturgeon on that tomorrow.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site

When a government lacky drives 260 miles that 5 miles has been blown out the water so its game on now in everyones eyes ;)