Return to Golf in Scotland

PaulS

The wording from Scottish Golf that clubs could choose group sizes is different from the wording England Golf used so there is a subtle difference.
England golf also said we could pick group sizes but it doesn’t mean you can override the rule that you can meet with people from two different households

That extract above is referring to Scotland

You can have 2,3 or 4 ball but must only be from two different households

The only country different within the UK is Northern Ireland that state you can meet up to 6 people from different households.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
England golf also said we could pick group sizes but it doesn’t mean you can override the rule that you can meet with people from two different households

That extract above is referring to Scotland

You can have 2,3 or 4 ball but must only be from two different households

The only country different within the UK is Northern Ireland that state you can meet up to 6 people from different households.

I've never seen anything from England Golf that states clubs can choose their own group sizes,can you tell me where they state this?

But Scottish Golf definitely state that clubs can choose their own group sizes.

Why they say 3/4 balls can only play from 2 households then go on to say çlubs can choose their own tee group sizes is confusing.

PaulS

I've never seen anything from England Golf that states clubs can choose their own group sizes,can you tell me where they state this?

But Scottish Golf definitely state that clubs can choose their own group sizes.

Why they say 3/4 balls can only play from 2 households then go on to say çlubs can choose their own tee group sizes is confusing.
It’s not confusing at all

You can pick your own size groups - just as English Clubs could

But those groups can only be a composite of 2 separate households

The restrictions that are being relaxed in Scotland don’t allow you to meet more than one other household so why would you be allowed when playing golf ?

I agree its easy to underdtand,it lets clubs decide wether they want 2 balls only on the course, allow 3 balls but only from 2 households same for 4 balls.it gives them an option to decide what they allow within the guidelines.imagine most will go for 2,saves them checking on any 3 or 4 balls that wish to play to see guidelines are following.all you need is 1 x 4 ball holding all the 2 balls up,sd wont happen then golfers being golfers you will end up having 4 balls all over the course

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Scottish Golf suggest no more than two households per tee time. Therefore you can have a four ball made up of four persons from one household, or three from one household and one from another, or two from one household and two from another.
A 4 ball in the middle of loads of 2balls will not be making too many friends.

Too soon for 4 balls IMO.

Purely out of concern that it would be abused by people who wouldn't respect the 2 household rule.

Golfers going to remote clubs/courses thinking they can chance their arm.

casuk

Head Pro
2 balls only on mine, there will be circumstances for 3balls from the same household but that will be for the pro to decide, I saw on the club v1 web site you can book a guest, asks for some personal info from the guest l, booked in for monday and wed cant wait

williamalex1

Money List Winner
2 balls only on mine, there will be circumstances for 3balls from the same household but that will be for the pro to decide, I saw on the club v1 web site you can book a guest, asks for some personal info from the guest l, booked in for monday and wed cant wait
No introduced guests or casual visitors allowed at mine , for the time being.
We have to keep the tee group names and contact details for 6 weeks, for possible tracing purposes :eek:

Tommy10

Heard nothing yet from my club (hotel resort). Went there for a walk yesterday and spoke to one of the grounds staff, he says they have not been told anything about re-opening the course yet.

Raging!!

Update - Golf manager just let us know that his furlough will not end until official FM statement on Thursday so he'll be back on Friday, hopefully we get out on the course by Monday.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Tee booked for 12:40 this Saturday. It's been a long time coming. Need to dust off the clubs and start practicing. Weather forecast looks good too. I was anticipating it being horrendous weather (not that it would have stopped me!).

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Heard nothing yet from my club (hotel resort). Went there for a walk yesterday and spoke to one of the grounds staff, he says they have not been told anything about re-opening the course yet.

Raging!!
That's not good. I can only imagine they're not opening as the resort isn't but totally unfair on the club members.

JohnF

Club Champion

Raging!!

Update - Golf manager just let us know that his furlough will not end until official FM statement on Thursday so he'll be back on Friday, hopefully we get out on the course by Monday.
I’m the same, have sent text and email but no reply!! One of the boys did get an email saying the resort is closed and members will be told in due course

casuk

Head Pro
I was the same club v1 would keep crashing when I refreshed more spaces were gone, got on for monday tho, it was like a supermarket sweep just grabbing what you can 😅

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
My club opened up tee times today, doesn't seem to have been a mad rush so far but even with the 12 min gaps and the number of members we have so far this year, everyone can play every day if they like and we'll still have tee times left over.

Hoping to get out over the weekend but haven't booked a time so far, will see how it goes the next few days.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
after not playing since 21st March, i now have a dilemma, i have a time at the kings for lunchtime Sat (couldn't get Friday) slow Dave text this morning he had just got a cancelled time at Nairn for Sat at 2... so Nairn or the Kings?