Return to Golf in Scotland

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
2 balls only on mine, there will be circumstances for 3balls from the same household but that will be for the pro to decide, I saw on the club v1 web site you can book a guest, asks for some personal info from the guest l, booked in for monday and wed cant wait

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 balls only on mine, there will be circumstances for 3balls from the same household but that will be for the pro to decide, I saw on the club v1 web site you can book a guest, asks for some personal info from the guest l, booked in for monday and wed cant wait
No introduced guests or casual visitors allowed at mine , for the time being.
We have to keep the tee group names and contact details for 6 weeks, for possible tracing purposes :eek:

Tommy10

Visit site
Heard nothing yet from my club (hotel resort). Went there for a walk yesterday and spoke to one of the grounds staff, he says they have not been told anything about re-opening the course yet.

Raging!!

Update - Golf manager just let us know that his furlough will not end until official FM statement on Thursday so he'll be back on Friday, hopefully we get out on the course by Monday.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Tee booked for 12:40 this Saturday. It's been a long time coming. Need to dust off the clubs and start practicing. Weather forecast looks good too. I was anticipating it being horrendous weather (not that it would have stopped me!).

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Heard nothing yet from my club (hotel resort). Went there for a walk yesterday and spoke to one of the grounds staff, he says they have not been told anything about re-opening the course yet.

Raging!!
That's not good. I can only imagine they're not opening as the resort isn't but totally unfair on the club members.

JohnF

Club Champion
Visit site

Raging!!

Update - Golf manager just let us know that his furlough will not end until official FM statement on Thursday so he'll be back on Friday, hopefully we get out on the course by Monday.

I’m the same, have sent text and email but no reply!! One of the boys did get an email saying the resort is closed and members will be told in due course

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My club opened up tee times today, doesn't seem to have been a mad rush so far but even with the 12 min gaps and the number of members we have so far this year, everyone can play every day if they like and we'll still have tee times left over.

Hoping to get out over the weekend but haven't booked a time so far, will see how it goes the next few days.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
after not playing since 21st March, i now have a dilemma, i have a time at the kings for lunchtime Sat (couldn't get Friday) slow Dave text this morning he had just got a cancelled time at Nairn for Sat at 2... so Nairn or the Kings?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
after not playing since 21st March, i now have a dilemma, i have a time at the kings for lunchtime Sat (couldn't get Friday) slow Dave text this morning he had just got a cancelled time at Nairn for Sat at 2... so Nairn or the Kings?
Is that King's at Gleneagles? I have never played Nairn so I have no comparison but King's at Gleneagles is my idea of golfing heaven so I would be heading in that direction.

It sounds like an awful decision for you to make, top course or top course ?

D

Deleted member 3432

The one without trees ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Is that King's at Gleneagles? I have never played Nairn so I have no comparison but King's at Gleneagles is my idea of golfing heaven so I would be heading in that direction.

It sounds like an awful decision for you to make, top course or top course ?
No, the Kings is the new Course in Inverness part of the Old Torvean, i wouldn't be driving 150 miles to Gleneagles, no children to protect;)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Booking opened at 8am at my place - absolute car crash as system cannot handle a heavy load.
An hour later (using 3 devices) managed to secure 2 slots. Can't wait.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looking forward to get back out playing again and have a few games arranged from Friday, Glenbervie Friday Gleneagles Kings Saturday Gleneagles Queens Sunday and then Glenbervie Sunday afternoon and back to Glenbervie Monday day off Tue then Gleneagles for the rest of the week.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looking forward to get back out playing again and have a few games arranged from Friday, Glenbervie Friday Gleneagles Kings Saturday Gleneagles Queens Sunday and then Glenbervie Sunday afternoon and back to Glenbervie Monday day off Tue then Gleneagles for the rest of the week.

Sounds like Hell :)