Relegation Looms

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Gillingham 1-0 after 2 minutes in an absolute must-win game today. All looking well and then once again final kicks of the game we concede.

Looks like we will have to win at Leeds and hope that Cheltenham get a good hiding to have a chance of staying up.

Unfortunately the usual morons at the gills were shouting Scally (chairman) out. These are the idiots who fail to realise that without Paul Scally there would be no Gillingham FC, the ground would still be like a shanty, we would never have scaled the heights if the championship and the club even today would be skint.

This "Tosser" has offered his own personal home as security for the clubs debt. How much credit does that deserve?

These idiot "supporters" have no idea of business, of finance and of football to be honest.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Giving the chairman grief for stuff that happens on the pitch is a joke. Unfortunately every club has it's fair share of mugs.

On a brighter note,Jon,Spurs have agreed a deal to sign 1 of Europes brightest young players in Luka Modric. £15.8m apparently. Hopefully that means no more Zokora in the side....

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Giving the chairman grief for stuff that happens on the pitch is a joke. Unfortunately every club has it's fair share of mugs.

On a brighter note,Jon,Spurs have agreed a deal to sign 1 of Europes brightest young players in Luka Modric. £15.8m apparently. Hopefully that means no more Zokora in the side....
I had high hopes of Modric coming to the Bridge - Could be the midfield spark that Spuds require !!!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
MWJ: without wishing to upset the more deluded of us who support Leeds, come on the Gills... would be a shame to see them drop (despite your crappy away end that I've mentioned before).
Would much rather it was going to be Millwall, but have to say it was a good favour they did us today by saving themselves & stuffing Carlisle.

At least next week Leeds have nothing to play for - play off guaranteed and automatic promotion in the hands of the tribunal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fulham win again away from home - surely the great escape can't happen. Big game now against Birmingham.. Personally its too little too late and I'm resigned to my fate but pleased to see the boys going out fighting. Shame it couldn't have happened earlier in the season but thats football all over.

Come on you super Fulham

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
MWJ: without wishing to upset the more deluded of us who support Leeds, come on the Gills... would be a shame to see them drop (despite your crappy away end that I've mentioned before).
Would much rather it was going to be Millwall, but have to say it was a good favour they did us today by saving themselves & stuffing Carlisle.

At least next week Leeds have nothing to play for - play off guaranteed and automatic promotion in the hands of the tribunal.
If we get our points back! we can still win the league!! All to play for!

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
Papa Smurf (Ken Bates) has opened the top tier of main stand for for the first time in 3? years for the final game of the season against Gillingham at Elland Road. I understand it is 30,000+ sell out. Bit of a blow as I was trying to get a couple of tickets.

Hope your Gills can take a bit of an atmosphere, MWJ.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
How weird is that??? I was watching the dvd of that very moment last night at home!

The man is a Gillingham legend thu-and-thru and will always be.

He doesn't need a job does he, we could do with some quality up front.

Theres only 1 Andy Thomson, 1 Andy Thomson!

Shake his hand for me Andy.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com

And yet another talent is wasted on a team that constantly fails, nevermind "next season" lol

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Parmo,things are looking up under Ramos. Won a trophy within 6 months,beating Arsenal & Chelsea along the way (yes,it's only the Carling cup you'll say,Europe is Europe & it's only when a side get's knocked out it's deemed worthless).

We may fail but so do 90% of teams if success is winning trophies. You'd know all about failure wouldn't you? Being a Boro' fan..... :p

Would you rather the "top 4" bought all the quality players & the rest of us were content with 5hite?

If it was your side who went out & splashed top money on a good player,i'd say fair play. You're not another one who dislikes Tottenham for showing a bit of ambition are you?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Bloody hell, shame to hear that but I suppose we all have to earn a crust.

The Gills' keeper Derek Stillie is currently studying for a law degree for when he packs it in.

Hessenthaler and Southall are in partnership in a sports & social club already.

People think that even lower league footballers earn huge money but the reality is, in league 2 there are players on £200 a week and having to do 2nd jobs after training.